Here, we are going to discuss 4 ways to Live Life to The Fullest Post-retirement. Close your eyes and picture your most fulfilling and satisfying rendition of retirement. Are you thinking of any of these?
- Sitting on the front porch of your beach house, looking at the sun-flinging his parting crimson rays across all the sky
- Playing golf on a random Monday morning with your friends
- Hosting dinner parties for your loved ones
- Learning to play an acoustic guitar
Dreams and Desires Post-Retirement to Live a Happy Life
Whatever your desire is, thinking about the things that bring you meaning, and purpose can give you a clear vision of how you want to spend your post-retired life. After all, that’s the whole point of living a peaceful retirement!
How to Live Life to The Fullest Post-Retirement?
Known to be the phase of major life transition, retirement is likewise a period of shifting priorities. How you spend all your newfound freedom can make a major difference in your quality of life. Therefore, we present below a few ways to make the most of your post-working years:
Travel Around the World in Style
Hitting the road post-retirement, whether by car, train, cruise, ship or plane, could be your best bet ever. Because your retired life is the ideal time to set off on an extended travel adventure that isn’t possible during your working years. So, travel, whether it’s to a far-flung destination for weeks or to a nearby city for a couple of days.
As you will have more time on your hands, you can experience your bucket list destinations to their fullest. Think of the immense joy and satisfaction that you experience when you:
- Explore the picturesque canal network of Amsterdam or
- Wander through the purple lavender fields of Provence or
- Watch the Aurora Borealis in Alaska with the twinkle in your eyes
These experiences will be truly mesmerizing!
Pick Some Retirement Hobbies
When you are working a full-time job or are busy raising children, you have limited time to start or enjoy your hobbies. However, retirement is a time to start pursuing your passions. Moreover, engaging in a hobby or learning a skill is the ideal way to keep your mind and body active.
From jumping into photography to playing the piano to trying your hands at cooking, it’s never too late to learn!
Consider Starting Your Own Business
For most individuals, a life of zero work can drive them absolutely nuts! If you find yourself nodding at this, then, “Why not consider starting a business after retirement?”
You’ve always been an employee and never a boss. After you retire, you can be your own boss, and build a business of your own.
- You can start a “Career Coaching” practice to do what you love and make a difference
- You can run a franchise and pursue your interest without having to start everything from the ground up
- You can even become a motivational speaker for a variety of niche audiences at conferences, events or offices
- If you love teaching, you could become an online tutor
Be a Lifelong Learner
Learning something new is the best way to keep your mind active in retirement. At first, you may feel a little timid about appearing at French classes or Zumba lessons. However, you will be glad of the social and mental stimulation that these things will provide.
Learning new things or acing new subjects will give you a feeling of achievement when work isn’t around to give you quantifiable pointers of accomplishment like successfully completing projects or getting a raise.
The Key to Happy Retirement Is Financial Stability
Preparing for a joyful retirement is a lifelong process, especially if you want to manage your retired life in a fulfilling and satisfying way. And to do so, financial stability is of prime importance. Just think of how would you travel the world or start your business if your finances aren’t stable!
The good news is that financial stability isn’t unachievable, and you can even make the process simple if you plan early enough.
Invest in ULIP Plans for a Retirement Planning
Investing in retirement-based ULIP plans is one of the greatest steps to being financially stable in your golden days. If you didn’t invest in one before, it is high time you get started with an effective ULIP plan.
ULIP plans are usually characterized as the products which offer investors the benefits of both, investment and insurance. Meaning, investors can not only invest in the fund of their choice (equity, debt or balanced funds) but also get life cover for securing the future of their loved ones.
Few reasons why you should opt for low-cost ULIP plans for your retirement:
- Choice of selecting the investment option as per your risk-appetite
- The choice to switch funds as per market conditions or your changing goals
- Option to create a tax-free pension for your retirement, courtesy- tax benefits under Section 80C and Section 10 (10D)
Benefits of Investing in ULIP Plans
Moreover, insurers provide investors with ample ULIP benefits for the ULIP plans such as:
- Multiple fund options to enjoy market-linked returns
- Flexibility to choose the sum assured, premium payment term and policy term
- Additional loyalty rewards for staying invested
- The option of partial withdrawals after the lock-in period
The Final Thought
The bottom line is that retirement is your time. Therefore, keep the big picture in mind and make prudent investments to leverage your passion. Live Life to The Fullest Post-retirement. Experience a rewarding post-retirement life!