ULIP – Unit Linked Insurance Plan
Let’s find out what a ULIP is, first!
ULIP stands for unit linked insurance plan. Unit linked meaning that there are two kinds of plans that are linked together to give the investor double the benefits under the name of one plan which helps you to get twice the benefits for the price of one. The ULIP plan is a combination of 2 plans, an insurance plan as well as an investment plan. An individual who gets the ULIP plan is the insurance policy bearer and the investor of the plan at the same time and under the same plan. So, they will be getting the insurance cover and return on investments under the ULIP.
The functioning of the ULIP
So , now, that we know the definition of what a ulip plan is, let’s understand the functioning of ulip:
The ULIP plan investor will be paying the premiums for insurance policy so that they get their insurance cover when it is claimed for or when the ULIP matures. These premiums are considered as the funds for the investment and a part of them are put into the investment funds which the investor decides upon. The percentage of the premiums for the investment funds are then invested into different fund companies or money markets in order to let the capital appreciate. In a ULIP, the transparency allows the plan holder to know where their money is being put. The investor gets the return on investments and also the insurance cover amount.
Multiply your wealth in ULIP!
Being research oriented, analytical and studying the money markets, fund markets and fund companies will help in great ways so that you can multiply your wealth in your unit linked insurance plan.
ULIP plans give their investors with twice the amount of benefits under a single plan which is already a wealth multiplication way. The ULIP offers an insurance policy cover as well as a return on the investments and this is done through the premiums that are paid. ULIP plans have been giving more to their investors than any other plans out there as they gibe twice the amount of benefits. Multiply your wealth in unit linked investment plans by following a few easy tips.
How to keep a check on the fund markets and their risks?
Unit linked insurance plans have a high level of transparency when it comes to the plan holder knowing where their money is going to be invested and in what kind of funds. This level of transparency helps the investor to keep a track of how their investments are going. This allows the investors to study the exact fund markets or money markets or fund markets so that they can find out the following things:
- The amount of risk that their investment money is in
- The level of the returns that the investors of this plan have been getting in the past few years by investments into the particular investment fund
- The performance of the investment funds that your money has been invested into
- The consistency of the return on investments the particular fund has been giving out to the ULIP investors
- Any fund market crashes or money market depletions that have occurred in the recent years
Having an analysis about all the above aspects of an investment fund will help you to do the following:
- Decide how long to keep investing into the investment fund to get the maximum benefits and multiply your wealth
- Taking out the money from the fund market or fund company or money market just at the right time
- Getting the return on your investments before the money depleted or at the time when the return would be at their estimated highest.
How much to invest into the investment funds?
You can multiply your wealth in significant amounts if you, as an investor, take the decision about the percentage of premiums that are to be invested into the investment funds after analyzing your risks well. To be able to do this, the plan holder will need to do a few things:
- Find out the market and study it
- Find out the percentage of returns that the fund markets have been giving out in the past few years
- Check if there were any money depletions in the fund markets in the previous few years
- See what percentage of risks the fund markets have been holding
- How much damages have been caused because of the risks held by the markets
- How have these risks affected the investors who put in money into the funds
- How have the risks or the market crashes affected the ULIP investors who put in their premium money as investments
- The investor should get as much information as possible, that they can land their hands on, on the above grounds to make a decision that will only help them to multiply their wealth in the unit linked insurance plan.
The investor should also make sure that they have enough premiums left for their insurance plan because an insurance cover does not deplete in money and the returns are more guaranteed than any investment plan out there. So, having a good amount of premiums in the insurance plan will also help you to get a good amount of wealth when claimed or when the ULIP matures.
The unit linked insurance plan bearer has immense control over the decision about the plan. They have the responsibility, rather freedom; to be able to make the decision about how much of their premium they want to put into the investment funds and how much they want to keep in the premiums for the insurance cover.
To be able to multiply your wealth with the unit linked insurance plan, you just need to be careful while putting in your money into different kinds of plans and you need to keep a tab on the status of the funds and the fund markets from time to time to be able to get your return when they are at their high point.
Indrajit is a professional blogger and trading system developer. Amibroker expert, WordPress expert, SEO expert and stock market analyst.Trading since 2002, he has started the journey of StockManiacs.net on 2008. He follows Indian and world stock markets closely.