In India, India Infoline Finance Limited or IIFL is a popular name in the financial and investment broking industry. The company was first incorporated in the year 1995. IIFL is considered one of the most fastest-growing financial service providers. The company offers various services including equity, commodity, derivatives broking, and their own research services. Here, in this content, you will get to know all pros and cons of India Infoline Finance Limited or you can say this article is about IIFL review.
India Infoline Finance Limited FAQs
Indian businessman Nirmal Jain is the founder and chairman of India Infoline group. The entire group of the company is backed by Canadian investor Prem Watsa, private equity firm General Atlantic and CDC Group, the UK Government’s private equity arm.
We all know that India Infoline or IIFL is the most popular financial as well as investment service broker in India.
IIFL and its group companies are backed by Canadian investor Prem Watsa, private equity firm General Atlantic and CDC Group, the UK Government’s private equity arm.
The company’s geographical presence spans the length and breadth of the country with 2,372 branches across 500+ cities.
IIFL Holdings Ltd is a diversified financial services group offering financing, asset and wealth management, financial advisory and broking, financial product distribution, investment banking, institutional equities, project financing, and advisory services through its various subsidiaries.
About the Company
- India Infoline Finance Limited was first incorporated in 1995. It is a brokerage firm of India Infoline Groups. IIFL is a fast-growing financial services solution provider in India.
- Equity or Commodity Broking and Research is the key offering of India Infoline. India Infoline was listed on BSE (532636) and NSE (INDIA-INFO) for security trading.
- IIFL has a wide network of 4500+ branches spread over 950+ cities across India. In Oct 2012, IIFL was reported for average daily turnover of Rs 4355 crores in Equity and Rs 2254 crores in commodities.
- IIFL was initially launched as the retail broking firm and launched its 5 paisa trading solution or platform. It’s 5Paisa firm offered discount brokerage charges in the stockbroking industry and also given the freedom to make transactions from various traditional ways.
- The company always friend to re-invent and innovate itself continuously. The stockbroking form facilitates users to trade in all types of investment options with one single trading platform.
- IIFL was awarded ‘Best Broker with Global Presence’ at the BSE IPF. IIFL also has an international presence through its subsidiaries in New York, Mauritius, Colombo, Dubai, London, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
India Infoline or IIFL Brokerage Charges
The table chart provided below is detailing about IIFL brokerage charges & Fees. IIFL Securities provides multiple brokerage plans, we will discuss all of them here.
IIFL Flat Brokerage Plan
This is the Flat brokerage plan offered by the company –
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery Trading||0.50%|
|Equity Intraday Trading||0.05%|
|Commodity Options Trading||0.05%|
|Equity Futures Trading||0.05%|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.100 per Lot or 1% of Premium (Takes higher Amount)|
|Currency Futures Trading||0.05%|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.100 per Lot or 1% of Premium (Takes higher Amount)|
|Minimum Brokerage||Rs.0.05 per Share|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or Rs.400 + GST per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||Minimum Rs.10,000|
|Brokerage Calculator||IIFL Brokerage Calculator|
The financial service provider is the topmost company in India. It offers various trading and investment products to the customers at minimal brokerage charges.
It’s brokerage charges for equity delivery trading is 0.50% and for equity intraday trading, commodity options trading, equity futures trading, and currency futures trading is 0.05%.
Moreover, the company charge Rs.100 per Lot or 1% of Premium (Takes higher Amount) for equity options and currency options trading.
Apart from that, the stockbroking house charges Rs.400 yearly for account maintenance and trading account maintenance is free. And margin money of Rs.10,000 is also taken from customers for security.
IIFL Securities Variable Brokerage Plan
Along with this Flat Brokerage Plan, India Infoline Finance Limited also offer Veriable Brokerage Plan –
- Intraday (both sides) – 0.02% to 0.05%
- Delivery – 0.15% to 0.60%
- Futures (both sides) – 0.02% to 0.05%
- Options (both sides) – ₹100 per lot or 1% to 2.5% of the premium, whichever of the two is higher
The variable brokerage plan depends on the volume of trade transactions done during the month. If you trade more, you will get lower brokerage rates & if you trade in low volumes, you will pay higher brokerage charges.
India Infoline or IIFL Demat Account Opening Charges
IIFL is a highly renowned financial service providing firm located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is serving investors for years. The table provided below is showing the details regarding IIFL account opening charges –
|Depository Source||NSDL & CDSL|
|Account Opening Charges – Demat||Free|
|Account Opening Charges – Trading||Free|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or Rs.400|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||Minimum Rs.10,000|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
As being a stockbroking firm, the company’s depository source is NSDL and CDSL. The broking house charges are Free for demat account & trading account opening.
And also charge margin money of Rs.10,000 from investors Minimum Margin.
IIFL Securities do not charge Demat AMC for 1st year but from 2nd year onwards Rs.400 annually is charged towards demat account maintenance.
The best part about the broking house is it offers offline to online options for trading and making investment decisions.
How to open a Demat Account with IIFL or India Infoline?
Having a demat account is extremely necessary for trading. It helps to protect shares and stocks. If you’re looking forward to opening up a demat account with IIFL Securities, follow the steps given below-
- Click on the the link here – Click Here
- After that, you will be required to fill up all the basic details accurately.
- Then you will get call from IIFL executive.
- Once you verify the OTP, you will be required to fill a paperless account opening form.
- After filling it click on to submit button and upload KYC documents including- PAN card, canceled check, address proof, age proof, aadhaar card and photograph.
- Once you submit all the documents successfully, you will get a call from company executive for further processing.
After the complete verification process, you will be able to use your demat account with ease.
Why Open IIFL Trading Account?
Trading account is extremely important for trading. As demat account enables users to only safeguard shares but trading account helps in the entire investment process.
The company usually charge some fees for opening up a trading account but also offer some flexible benefits to the users.
Here is why one should open a trading account with IIFL stock broking company-
- It offers fast speed trading and allows users to view on top 500 stocks.
- Offers multiple trading solutions including- next-generation trading terminals, IIFL markets mobile app and TT Web trading terminal as well.
- It’s research team provide users in-depth analysis of stock and research reports as well.
- Ultimately, the company is good at providing great trading experience to the users.
IFL Securities or India Infoline Products & Services
Find the list of Products & Services offered by the Stock Broker –
India Infoline Products
The entire table chart given below is detailing the products offered by the company to its investors –
The stockbroking house offers wide-ranging financial services to customers with huge convenience and satisfaction. It believes that achieving the financial goals of the users is their main objective.
It is basically good at providing financial services and trading products. It’s customized products help users to achieve financial goals and objectives with ease. Users can also make effective investment decisions with the assistance of the company and its products as well.
The stockbroking company normally enable users or traders to trade online with cost-effective products and services. Moreover, with flexible trading products, the broking house does provide a lot of support and trading-related reports for more convenience.
Users can surely have a seamless experience with the India Infoline. Here is the quick list of products offered by the company are as follows-
- Equity trading.
- Commodity trading.
- Currency trading.
- Mutual funds.
The products mentioned above are offered by the stockbroking house to its customers at nominal brokerage charges. All the IIFL products have a good life span and can be used for trading easily.
The company usually customize trading and financial products according to the requirements of the users. Also, the company has a team of support executives to provide support anytime to the customers.
IIFL Markets App – India Infoline Mobile App
IIFL Markets is the most popular and highest rated trading application available in the country. Smartphone users can access its features with ease and convenience.
With the mobile application, users can trade easily anywhere and anytime. Basically, it offers a great trading experience to the users.
The application is available on google play store and more than 13500 employees are using it. It is a highly rated trading mobile application among all the apps.
With this application, users can experience the full functionality of the trading engine, financial website, and TV on a smartphone easily.
The features of India Infoline Finance Limited mobile app are listed below-
- Offers customizable watch list- users can have multiple varieties of watchlist in BSE, NSE, NCDEX, and MCX.
- The app is designed with an advanced dashboard for currencies, commodities, and indices.
- Users can quickly view on top 500 stocks through IIFL ( India Infoline ) research team.
- They can have quick access to currency, equity and commodity markets.
IIFL TT.EXE – IIFL Trading Terminal
It is designed for high volume equity traders or Day-traders. Trader Terminal provides you high volume trading with very powerful interface and fast order execution.
Basically, the TT edge is a next-generation trading platform that allows users to become a smarter trader. This platform or trading terminal usually provide ease and flexibility in the navigation process, offers fast speed and superior charting as well.
Below are few features of trader terminal:
- It has the facility to place after-market orders.
- Transfer of funds online facility from leading Banks including HDFC, ICICI, CITI and UTI banks is possible.
- Online intra-day technical calls.
- Fast-trade execution facilities with instant trade confirmation.
- Live streaming quotes and price watch on any number of stocks.
- Intra-day charts, updated live, tick-by-tick.
- Updates on Live margin, positions, marked-to-market profit and loss reports.
- Price alerts on any number of scrips.
- Facility to customize any number of portfolios & watch lists and various screen layout and setting.
- Options to cancel all the pending orders at 1-click.
- Facility to square-off all the transactions at 1-click.
- Reports on Top Gainers, Top Losers, Most Active, updated live.
- Provides you Index information, index chart, index stock Live information, etc.
- Great Market depth, that is, Best 5 bids and offers, updated live for all stocks.
TT Web Trading Platform – IIFL Online Trading Platform
TT web is a web-based trading platform allow users to trade in various stocks. It is actually designed with the combination of advanced technology as well as world-renowned research at a single click to easily analyze, view and accomplish at fast lightning speed.
The features of TT Web trading platform are listed below-
- Requires basic internet connection.
- Allows users to invest in various stocks.
- Makes the trading process easy and seamless.
- Designed with advanced technology.