Are you looking to automate your trading strategies? Nowadays there are options to start automated trading in both the National Stock Exchange as well as MCX exchange. In this article I will show you how to automated your trading strategies using AmiBroker, world’s best charting platform. In AmiBroker you have the ability to code your own strategies, backtest it and then attach the strategy with your terminal to produce a fully automatic trading system.
For more info on latest algo trading trends you may read my post on algorithmic trading in Zerodha Pi.
What’s Automated Trading?
Algo traging is a whole TA (Technical Analysis) based “trading systems” for retail traders of sub-brokers. Its completely hands free, you need to run the computer, feed the strategy to your trading terminal and leave the screen. Trading will take place automatically and profits or loss will also be generated automatically.
What this implies is that rather then simply charting, you could actually write a strategy, backtest it to look if it might have made cash and as soon as determined that you would be able to take the strategy live, you can take it semi-automatic. No exchange permission or SEBI permission is needed if you start it semi automated. In case you’d like to completely automate your trades, you’ll have to enroll in a Dealer Terminal. This is a good way to have an extra approach to automate the trades. We can even be getting assistance from skilled programmers to provide an explanation for tips on how to convert your technical prognosis strategy right into a code.
Needless to say algo trading is in line with technical analysis.
How to start automated trading with Amibroker??
Check the following video to learn to start algo trading or auto trading or ATS in NSE or MCX.
Step by Step Guide
- Firstly you need to have Nest Trader terminal from your broker (this is a must).This time we will use Amibroker for signal generation.
- Needless to say that you need to have Nest Plus and Plus Trading Plugin from your broker.
- First open a blank chart in Amibroker.
- Then attach any buy sell afl on it.
- And now attach the auto trading plugin to the chart.
- Now specify trade details.
- Now lets repeat this with few more symbols.
- Finally we checked for any error and lets watch our Nest Trader.
- Check orders are started flowing, I have ignored them for now.
- As we have given a slippage in the Amibroker, though it was a limit order, still it got filled.
- As this is a retail client terminal, you need to press the place button to send the order to the exchange.
- In case of dealer terminal it will be fully automatic.
This is a republished version of our write up from 2014. Nowadays we do not provide any support to automated trading to our clients. However things are much easier with tools like Zerodha Streak or Upstox terminals. But before going live in your trades we suggest you to backtest your strategies thoroughly.
Indrajit is a professional blogger and trading system developer. Amibroker expert, WordPress expert, SEO expert and stock market analyst.Trading since 2002, he has started the journey of StockManiacs.net on 2008. He follows Indian and world stock markets closely.