The Eicher Motors Limited is a nifty 50 company and an automobile major in India. It is a leader in the automobile sector in India. Eicher Motors share price reflects the present financial condition of the company.
Eicher Motors Share Price Graph
Eicher Motors Limited started its journey back in 1982. It is engaged in manufacturing motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and engineering components.
Eicher Motors has manufacturing units installed across four states of India, Maharashtra, Tamilnadu, Madhya Pradesh, and Haryana.
Eicher Motors manufactures the iconic motorcycle of India – The Royal Enfield, popularly known as Bullet. It acquired a controlling stake in Enfield, India in 1993 and revamped the whole business including design, manufacturing, and marketing. Manufactured in 300cc t0 600cc category, these motorcycles have an unparalleled consumer base. Though in higher price range these motorcycle is having a great market share in the Indian motorcycle market that is increasing day by day. In addition, they manufacture commercial vehicles and engineering components which earn the company great shares of revenue.
Besides motorcycles, the company manufactures commercial vehicles under a joint venture with internationally famous Volvo Group in a 50/ 50 ratio. The joint venture initiative designs manufacture market high tech fuel efficient vehicles under the name VE commercial vehicles limited. Eicher Motors also ventured into a technical collaboration with Mitsubishi Motors Corporation of Japan for the production of commercial vehicles under the brand name Canter.
In the engineering components space, Eicher Motors has a strong presence. They manufacture the full range of gears for automobiles. These ranges of gears include Straight Bevel Gears, Spiral Bevel Gears including pinions and crown wheels and Transmission Gears.
Eicher also manufactured tractors and once Eicher was synonymous with tractors in India. Later in 2005, as a result of company policy decision, Eicher divested the whole of its tractors and engines business to Tafe Motors and Tractors Ltd. (TMTL).
The company has received numerous awards of excellence for its products.
Eicher Motors share price is Rs 28591 (as on 19.06.17, 12.41 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 49.93 versus average industry PE of 27.92, EPS is Rs 573.25. Market cap is Rs 77,899 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10.
The share price of Eicher Motors Limited was Rs 21852.40 at the end of 26 October 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The current market cap is Rs 59451.55 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 663.69 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 32.39. The Book Value per share is Rs 2579.32. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 8.32. The Dividend yield is 0.79%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 32766.60 and 52 weeks low is Rs 20001.15.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 2539.21 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 13.46 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 809.60 crores. Other income stands at Rs 59.61 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 869.21 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 576.18 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 210.98.
Eicher Motors Ltd. is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian automobile sector.
The company earns its lions share of revenue from manufacture and sales of two-wheelers & tractors. The Royal Enfield motorcycle is a premium brand in the two-wheeler market in India. It also earns revenue from two-wheeler exports.
The audited financial report ending on 30 March 2018, the company reported In the year earning from key product segment which include Automobile – 2 Wheelers which contributed Rs 8314.17 crores to total sales value (90.25 % of sales value), sales from spare parts & components contributed Rs 853.56 crores (9.26 % of sales value), revenue from scrap sales which contributed Rs 22.15 crores (0.24 % of total sales), incentives from exports contributed Rs 17.58 crores or 0.19 % of total sales value and other operating revenue contributed Rs 4.35 crores which is equivalent to 0.04 % of total sales value for the year ending 31 March 2018.
For the quarter ended 30 June 2018, the company reported a consolidated sales of Rs 2531.29 crores, up by 0.56 % from last quarter sales of Rs 2517.29 crores and has increased by 27.09 % from last year same quarter sales of Rs 1991.78 crore. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 511.89 crore in this quarter.
The company’s top management includes Mr Siddhartha Lal, Mr S Sandilya, Ms Manvi Sinha.
The company has appointed M/S S R Batliboi & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 27,268,603 shares outstanding.
The shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 12,846,739 nos of shares which is equivalent to 47.11% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 8,578,798 nos of shares amounting to 31.46% of total shares.
- Others hold 1,043,353 nos or shares or 3.83% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 1,485,045 nos of shares or 5.45% of total shares.
- General public holds 2,641,698 nos of shares which is equivalent to 9.69% of total shares.
- Foreign promoters hold 609,688 nos of shares which are equivalent to 2.24% of shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 52,542 nos of shares or 0.19% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 9,502,477 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.04% of total shares are being held by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- Motilal Oswal mutual fund in the scheme Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth which is a multi-cap fund holds 221952 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 536.80 crores.
- Axis mutual fund in the scheme Long-Term Equity Direct-G which is a ELSS equity fund holds 199943 nos of shares amounting to Rs 483.57 crores.
- ICICI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Fund Direct-Growth which is a large-cap fund holds 123102 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 297.73 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 124744 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 301.70 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Focus Direct Plan-Growth which is a multi-cap fund holds 17277 nos of shares amounting to Rs 41.79 crores.
You can also visit, information on other companies.