The UltraTech Cement Limited is a large-cap company belonging to the Nifty 50 group. For this reason, UltraTech Cement share price influences the benchmark index.
UltraTech Cement Share Price Graph
UltraTech Cement was incorporated in 2000 as Larsen & Toubro. Later it was acquired by Grasim, the flagship company of Birla Group and was named UtraTech Cements Limited. UltraTech Cement has very recently acquired Jaypee Cement Corporation from Jaiprakash Associates through a 16,189 crore deal. The deal has benefitted UltraTech Cements the following way.
- It has acquired 6 integrated cement plants and 5 grinding units.
- The acquisition has increased annual cement production capacity by 21.2 million tonnes.
- The acquisition has taken the total annual capacity of UltraTech Cements to 93 million tonnes.
- Today Ultratech Cements has become the 4th. largest cement company globally with respect to annual cement production capacity (excluding Chinese manufacturers).
- It is also the biggest consolidation in the cement sector.
After the acquisition, UltraTech Cement has acquired the following status.
- It has, as of today, 18 integrated cement plants.
- One clinkerization unit.
- 25 grinding units.
- 7 bulk terminals.
- Cement production capacity has been augmented to 93 MTPA.
Presently UltraTech Cement manufactures cement in the following categories.
- Ordinary Portland cement.
- Portland Blast Furnace Slag cement.
- Portland Pozzolana cement.
- Ready mix concrete.
UltraTech Cement has a strong global presence. It has manufacturing units and bulk terminals in Bahrain, UAE, Bangladesh, Srilanka. UltraTech Cement runs its business in Europe, Middle East, Africa and in countries around the Indian Ocean.
UltraTech Cement has been a leader and one of the top global companies. It has been awarded many awards for excellence in its sector and awards for CSR.
UltraTech Cement share price is Rs 3963.25 (as on 30.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 41.26 versus average industry P/E of 37.1, EPS is Rs 95.72. Market cap is Rs 1,08,427 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10.
UltraTech Cement share price was Rs 3962.40 at the end of 16 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 108730.05 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 69.13 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 57.32. The book value or BV per share is Rs 961.25. The price over book value or P/BV is 4.12. The Dividend yield is 0.27%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 4599.90 and 52 weeks low is Rs 3260.45.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 8,151.46 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 1,226.26 crores. Other income stands at Rs 220.23 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 1,446.49 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 375.74 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 13.72.
UltraTech Cement Ltd. popularly known as UltraTech is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian Cement sector. It has a current market cap of Rs 81529.84 crores.
UltraTech Cement Ltd. earns its key revenue from the sale of Portland/ pozzolana cement. Though there are other sources of earning as well. In the recently audited yearly financial report for the year ending 31 March 2018, UltraTech Cement reported that it earned Rs 30240.12 crores equivalent to 98.55% of total sales from the sale of Portland/ pozzolana cement. Revenue from other operating income contributed Rs 369.86 crores which is equivalent to 1.20% of total sales, the sale of services contributed Rs 16.28 crores equivalent to 0.05% of total sales, the sale of scraps contributed Rs 57.61 crores which is equivalent to 0.18% of total sales and revenue from lease rentals contributed Rs 0.06 crore which is equivalent to 0.00% of total sales.
The company has Khimji Kunverji & Co. as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 274,625,869 nos of shares outstanding
The UltraTech Cement Share Price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 166,670,914 nos of shares which is equivalent to 60.69% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 57,369,895 nos of shares amounting to 20.89% of total shares.
- Financial institutions hold 11,690,171 nos of shares amounting to 4.26% of total shares.
- General public holds 14,845,540 nos of shares which is equivalent to 5.41% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 8,123,120 nos of shares or 2.96% of total shares.
- Others hold 13,088,675 nos or shares or 4.77% of total shares.
- The foreign promoters hold 2,744,168 nos of shares or 1.00% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 93,386 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.03% of total shares are subscribed by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 31 October 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 985977 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 345.03 crores.
- Kotak mutual fund in the scheme Standard Multicap Direct-G Fund which is a multi-cap fund holds 1000000 nos of shares amounting to Rs 349.94 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 545991 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 191.06 crores.
- Franklin India mutual fund in the scheme Focused Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap fund holds 830000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 290.45 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity & Bond Direct-Growth which is an aggressive hybrid fund holds 340529 nos of shares amounting to Rs 119.16 crores.
Besides UltraTech Cement Share Price, For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.