The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a large cap company belonging to Nifty 50 group. For this reason, TCS share price influences the benchmark index.
TCS Share Price Graph
TCS is a Tata Group venture in the booming IT (information technology) sector of India. Incorporated in 1968, TCS today is one of the top names in IT sector of the world. TCS offers a variety of services which comprises of the following.
- IT Services
- Enterprise Solutions
- Infrastructure Services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Consultancy Services
- Engineering and Industrial Services
- Business Intelligence Services and Performance Management
- Services for SMEs
TCS runs its vast network through a number of direct and indirect subsidiaries. The direct subsidiaries are as follows.
- CMC Limited (India)
- P Online Limited (India)
- WTI Advanced Technology Limited (India)
- C-Edge Technologies Limited (India)
- TCS FNS Pty. Limited (Australia)
- Tata Infotech (Singapore) Pte. Limited (Singapore)
- Tata Consultancy Services Asia Pacific Pte Limited (Singapore)
- Diligenta Limited (UK)
- Tata America International Corporation (USA)
- Tata Consultancy Services Canada Inc. (Canada)
- Tata Consultancy Services Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
- Tata Infotech Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
- Tata Consultancy Services Netherlands B.V. (Netherlands)
- Tata Consultancy Services France S.A. (France)
- Tata Consultancy Services Belgium S.A. (Belgium)
- TCS Iberoamerica S.A. (Uruguay)
- Tata Consultancy Services Switzerland Ltd (Switzerland)
- Tata Consultancy Services Sverige AB (Sweden)
Companies like TCS are of iconic stature in modern India. Though primarily TCS was formed to provide business and financial solution to different companies, it adopted the path of IT before iT boom happened in India. Therefore it was immensely benefitted from IT boom after 2000.
Tata Consultancy Services is a large cap company in India and has been awarded many times for award of excellence in the IT sector.
Company Financials – TCS share price is Rs 2361.55 (as on 30.06.17, 12.44 hrs.) in BSE. As per latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 18.89 versus average industry P/E of 17.44, EPS is Rs 123.56. Market cap is Rs 4,46,919 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 1.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.