The Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a large-cap company belonging to the Nifty 50 group. For this reason, TCS share price influences the benchmark index.
TCS Share Price Graph
TCS is a Tata Group venture in the booming IT (information technology) sector of India. Incorporated in 1968, TCS today is one of the top names in the IT sector of the world. TCS offers a variety of services which comprises of the following.
- IT Services
- Enterprise Solutions
- Infrastructure Services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Consultancy Services
- Engineering and Industrial Services
- Business Intelligence Services and Performance Management
- Services for SMEs
TCS runs its vast network through a number of direct and indirect subsidiaries. The direct subsidiaries are as follows.
- CMC Limited (India)
- P Online Limited (India)
- WTI Advanced Technology Limited (India)
- C-Edge Technologies Limited (India)
- TCS FNS Pty. Limited (Australia)
- Tata Infotech (Singapore) Pte. Limited (Singapore)
- Tata Consultancy Services Asia Pacific Pte Limited (Singapore)
- Diligenta Limited (UK)
- Tata America International Corporation (USA)
- Tata Consultancy Services Canada Inc. (Canada)
- Tata Consultancy Services Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
- Tata Infotech Deutschland GmbH (Germany)
- Tata Consultancy Services Netherlands B.V. (Netherlands)
- Tata Consultancy Services France S.A. (France)
- Tata Consultancy Services Belgium S.A. (Belgium)
- TCS Iberoamerica S.A. (Uruguay)
- Tata Consultancy Services Switzerland Ltd (Switzerland)
- Tata Consultancy Services Sverige AB (Sweden)
Companies like TCS are of iconic stature in modern India. Though primarily TCS was formed to provide business and financial solution to different companies, it adopted the path of IT before the IT boom happened in India. Therefore it was immensely benefitted from IT boom after 2000.
Tata Consultancy Services is a large-cap company in India and has been awarded many times for award of excellence in the IT sector.
TCS share price is Rs 2361.55 (as on 30.06.17, 12.44 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 18.89 versus average industry P/E of 17.44, EPS is Rs 123.56. Market cap is Rs 4,46,919 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 1.
TCS share price was Rs 1886.60 at the end of 16 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 700007.37 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 73.5 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 25.67. The book value or BV per share is Rs 446.80. The price over book value or P/BV is 4.21. The Dividend yield is 2.66%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 2275.95 and 52 weeks low is Rs 1247.17.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 36,854.00 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 10,278.00 crores. Other income stands at Rs 730.00 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 11,008.00 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 7,901.00 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 20.66.
Tata Consultancy Ltd., popularly known as TCS is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian information technology sector.
As the name of the company suggests, Tata Consultancy Ltd. earns its revenue primarily from different information technology projects and sales of consultancy services. The audited report of the fiscal 2017 – 2018 which ended 0n 31 March 2018, shows that the company earned its revenue from Rs 97356.00 crores from information technology projects and sales of consultancy services which constitute 100% of total sales value.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, TCS reported a consolidated sales of Rs 36854.00 crores which shows an increase of 7.57% from the last quarter sales of Rs 34261.00 crores and the sales figure showed an increase of 20.67% from the same quarter sales data of the previous year which was Rs 30541.00 crores. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 7927.00 crores in the quarter ending 30 September 2018.
The company’s top management includes Dr R Sommer, Dr P K Khosla, Mr A Mehta, Mr N G Subramaniam, Mr N Chandrasekaran, Mr O P Bhatt, Ms Aarthi Subramanian, Mr Rajesh Gopinathan.
The company has appointed M/S B S R & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 3,752,384,706 nos of shares outstanding.
The TCS Share Price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 2,703,542,000 nos of shares which is equivalent to 72.05% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 602,206,376 nos of shares amounting to 16.05% of total shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 196,616,872nos of shares amounting to 5.24% of total shares.
- General public holds 141,458,871 nos of shares which is equivalent to 3.77% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 82,447,087 nos of shares or 2.20% of total shares.
- Others hold 24,281,538 nos or shares or 0.65% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 1,831,962 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.05% of total shares are subscribed by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 31 October 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 10132247 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1963.76 crores.
- Axis mutual fund in the scheme Long-Term Equity Direct-G Fund which is an ELSS fund holds 7173268 nos of shares amounting to Rs 1390.29 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Sensex which is a large-cap fund holds 3881423 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 752.06 crores.
- Motilal Oswal mutual fund in the scheme Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth which is a multi-cap fund holds 3461061 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 670.81 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity & Bond Direct-Growth which is an aggressive hybrid fund holds 809950 nos of shares amounting to Rs 156.98 crores.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.