Infosys Limited is a large-cap company in the tech sector. It belongs to the Nifty 50 group of companies. Therefore Infosys share price fluctuations affect the movement of the benchmark index.
Infosys Share Price Graph
Infosys started its journey in 1981 by 7 partners with a capital of mere $ 250. Though at the start it faced a few jolts, it made history in Indian IT sector by becoming the top company in Indian IT sector and becoming a multi-million dollar global IT giant from a capital of $ 250. Today it amassed such wealth, the market capitalisation of the share price of Infosys has reached a huge sum of Rs. 2,16,682 crores.
Infosys had started with lots of pioneering ideas. One of them was GDM or global delivery model. It revolves around the idea of taking the work to places where the talent lies. This idea helped a lot in offshoring jobs – making outsourcing possible with least amount of risk and maximum capital utilisation.
Infosys Limited is a global IT giant having a strong presence in more than 61 countries and 50branch offices across the world. Focusing mostly on outsourcing jobs, it led the boom in Indian IT industry and grew in multiples. Its business area includes outsourcing, IT solution providing, software and hardware engineering, remote management of office infrastructure, B2B and B2C service providing and IT-related R&D services.
Infosys earns 97% of its revenue from existing customers. With a view to satisfying its customers, Infosys always maintains a strong focus in R&D activity. SETLabs (Software Engineering and Technology Labs), its wholly-owned subsidiary has a considerable contribution in the IT sector, derived from its R&D activity.
It is listed in NSE and BSE as Infosys and in NASDAQ as INFY. Today this company is the leader in the Indian IT sector with a revenue of nearly $ 60 billion.
Infosys has been awarded several times by national and international bodies for its excellence in its field.
Infosys share price is Rs 943.35 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 15.68 versus average industry PE of 17.55, EPS is Rs 60.16. Market cap is Rs 2,16,682 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 5.
Infosys share price was Rs 662.25 at the end of 02 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 289208.80 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 37.87 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 17.49. The Book Value per share is Rs 298.73. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 2.22. The Dividend yield is 6.57%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 758.90 and 52 weeks low is Rs 458.47.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 20,609.00 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 5,357.00 crores. Other income stands at Rs 739.00 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 6096.00 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 4110.00 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 9.44.
Infosys Ltd. is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian information technology sector.
Infosys earns its revenue primarily from software development projects and sales of computer hardware and software. The audited report of the fiscal 2017 – 2018 ending 31 March 2018 shows that the company earned its revenue from Rs 61910.00 crores from Software Development Charges amounting to 99.94 % of total sales value and sales of software products contributed Rs 31.00 crores or 0.05 % of total sales value.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, Infosys reported a consolidated sales of Rs 20609.00 crores which shows an increase of 7.74 % from last quarter sales of Rs 19128.00 crores and the same increased by 17.32 % from the previous year same quarter sales of Rs 17567.00 crores. The company reported a net profit after tax of Rs 4110.00 crores in the quarter ending 30 September 2018.
The company’s top management includes Mr D N Prahlad, Dr Punita Kumar Sinha, Mr D Sundaram, Mr Nandan M Nilekani, Mr Michael Gibbs, Mr U B Pravin Rao, Mr Salil Parekh, Ms Roopa Kudva, Ms Kiran Mazumdar Shaw.
The company has appointed M/S Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 4,368,382,980 shares outstanding.
- The shareholding pattern of Infosys currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 560,182,338 nos of shares which is equivalent to 12.82% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 1,530,958,418 nos of shares amounting to 35.05% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 504,741,066 nos of shares or 11.55% of total shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 463,845,509 nos of shares amounting to 10.62% of total shares.
- General public holds 416,172,444 nos of shares which is equivalent to 9.53% of total shares.
- Others hold 871,552,823 nos or shares or 19.95% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 20,930,382 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.48% of total shares are subscribed to GDR.
Shares held by the mutual funds
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Balanced Advantage Direct-G Fund which is a dynamic asset allocation hybrid fund holds 46093538 nos of shares amounting to Rs 3365.06 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Equity Direct-G Fund which is a multi-cap fund holds 26661859 nos of shares amounting to Rs 1946.65 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 34757407 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 2537.46 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Top 100 Direct-G Fund which is a large cap equity fund holds 17609954 nos of shares amounting to Rs 1285.61 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth which is a Large & MidCap fund holds 2919269 nos of shares amounting to Rs 213.12 crores.
For more information on other companies kindly visit our stock technicals page.