Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited belongs to Nifty 50 group of companies. For this reason fluctuations in Kotak Mahindra Bank share price share price affects the benchmark index.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Share Price Graph
Kotak Mahindra Group was incorporated in 1985. Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited, the flagship company of the conglomerate was granted a license by the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) to operate as private Bank in 2003. Thus Kotak Mahindra Bank came into being. Though a late entrant compared to its peers, the Kotak Mahindra Bank became the first NBFC (non-banking financial company) to start banking operation in India.
Kotak Mahindra Bank was one of the first few private banks which started operations in India after the Government of India came up with the policy to allow private banks to start a banking business in India. It was first such step taken by the Government of India after the nationalisation of private banks took place after independence.
With a view to expand and reach more consumers and make footsteps in diversified banking services. it has earned the position it is in now. Today, it runs a network of 323 branches catering to a customer base of 2.7 million across the country. It also has a number of international offices in London, New York, San Francisco, Mauritius, Singapore and Dubai to cater to its vast customer base of NRIs (non-resident Indians) and international customers.
Today the Kotak Mahindra Bank provides following services to its customers.
- Retail/ Personal banking services
- Corporate banking service
- Depository services
- Wealth management services
- Investment banking services
- Life Insurance
- Mutual funds
Kotak Mahindra Bank has received numerous national and international awards of excellence for its performance in the banking and financial sector.
Kotak Mahindra Bank share price is Rs 985.45 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 54.98 versus average industry PE of 27.31, EPS is Rs 17.92. Market cap is Rs 1,87,554 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 5. Net NPA to Net Advance percentage stands at 1.26% (as per data of fiscal,’16).
The closing share price of Kotak Mahindra Bank on 06 November 2018 is Rs 1134.30 in the National Stock Exchange. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 22.78 calculated over the past 12 months performance. The price over earning ratio or P/E is 49.79. The industry P/E is 32.11. The book value per share or BV is Rs Rs 264.93. The price over book value or P/BV is 4.29. The dividend yield is 0.00%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 1417.00 and 52 weeks low price is Rs 982.55.
Let us have a look at the different financial ratios of Kotak Mahindra Bank. The return on equity or ROE for the past 12 months ending on 31 March 2018 is 13.82%. The return on assets or ROA over the same period is 2%. The net interest margin stood at 3.94 and the Yield on Advances remained at 12.20%
Kotak Mahindra Bank is a leading private bank in India. The present market cap is Rs 215313.91 crores. It is a large-cap private bank.
Kotak Mahindra Bank limited earns its revenue largely from banking, sales of financial products and services. Recent audited data for the financial year ending on 31 March 2018, shows Kotak Mahindra Bank has earned Rs 14727.95 crores from accrued interest and discount on advances and bills which amounts to 74.57% of total sales value. In addition, income from Investment is Rs 3933.00 crores contributing to 19.91% of total sales. In addition, interest accrued from balances with RBI and other inter-bank funds is Rs 755.29 crores which amount to 3.82% of total sales and interests accrued from other sources is Rs 332.25 crores (1.68% of total sales value).
The Bank reported a Gross Non-Performing Assets (Gross NPAs) of Rs 4302.17 crores and Net Non Performing Assets (Net NPAs) of Rs 1617.66 crores.
After the end of the second quarter of 2018 fiscal which ended on 30 June 2018, Kotak Mahindra Bank reported a consolidated interest income of Rs 5435.56 crores, which showed an increase of 6.31% from the last quarter income from interests which was Rs 5113.13 crores and increased by 22.11% from the same quarter of the previous fiscal which was Rs 4451.44 crores. Kotak Mahindra Bank reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1714.42 crores in the latest quarter.
The shareholding pattern of Kotak Mahindra Bank currently has different shareholders in the manner mentioned below.
- The promoters and the promoter groups hold 572,465,964 nos of shares that are equivalent to 30.02% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 752,174,325 nos of shares amounting to 39.44% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 131,594,055 nos of shares or 6.90% of total nos of shares.
- Financial institutions hold 35,906,090 nos of shares amounting to 1.88% of total shares.
- General public holds 187,493,743 nos of shares which is equivalent to 9.83% of total shares.
- Others hold 227,369,953 nos or shares or 11.92% of total shares.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 31 October 2018)
- IDFC mutual fund in the scheme Multicap Direct-G which is a multi-cap equity fund holds 1505000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 168.43 crores.
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G which is an aggressive hybrid equity fund holds a total of 1473700 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 164.93 crores.
- Canara Robeco mutual fund in the scheme Emerging Equities Direct-G which is a large & mid cap fund holds 897000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 100.39 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Capital Builder Value Direct-G which is a value-oriented equity fund holds 594000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 66.48 crores.
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme Tax Adv Direct-G which is an ELSS equity fund holds a total of 547300 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 61.25 crores.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit our stock technicals page.