ICICI Bank Limited is a private banking company. ICICI Bank share price fluctuation affects Nifty because ICICI Bank has good weightage in the benchmark index.
ICICI Bank Share Price Graph
Incorporated in 1994, ICICI Bank Limited was one of the first few private banks which started operations in India after the Government of India came up with the policy to allow private banks to start banking business in India. It was first such step taken by the Government of India after the nationalization of private banks took place after independence.
ICICI Bank was promoted by ICICI Ltd. ICICI was formed in 1955 with the joint initiative of World Bank, Government of India and representatives from Indian industry. ICICI and ICICI functioned separately till 2001. In 2002, ICICI Bank, ICICI and two of its subsidiaries ICICI Capital Services Limited and ICICI Personal Finance Services Limited were merged into a single entity, the ICICI Bank Limited for ease of doing business. This amalgamation brought benefit to ICICI Bank and integrated the whole financing and banking business to a single entity.
The bank has been running efficiently since then and became one of the leading private banks in India. Now, in India, it is the second largest private bank. Today, the bank’s management views the banking business to provide solidity and reliability to support its consumers and thrives due to excellence in banking service. The bank operates both in retail banking services and corporate banking services and has achieved the mark of excellence in both the sectors. Today in order to remain on top it has adopted best industry practices that are at par with best of international standards.
ICICI Bank has 2535 branches across India joined to a network of 6810 ATMs. it also has a global presence serving people and business houses of 19 countries.
ICICI Bank is listed in NSE, BSE in India. It is also listed in NYSE through ADRs.
Till date, the company has received numerous national and international awards for excellence in the banking sector.
ICICI bank offers following services to its customers:
- Retail/ Personal Banking
- Corporate Banking
- NRI Banking
- Priority Banking
- VBV/ MSC – Online transactions using Debit Card
- VBV – Online transactions using Credit Card
ICICI Bank share price is Rs 291 (as on 21.06.17, 09.38 hrs.) in BSE. As per latest HDFC Bank share price, the standalone basis P/E is 19.14 versus average industry PE of 27.5, EPS is Rs 15.29. Market cap is Rs 1,87,545 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 2. Net NPA to Net Advance percentage stands at 5.43% (as per data of fiscal,’17).
The closing share price of ICICI Bank on 02 November 2018 is Rs 354.45 in NSE. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 5.38 calculated over the past 12 months performance. The price over earning ratio or P/E is 65.88. The book value per share or BV is Rs Rs 200.25. The price over book value or P/BV is 1.77. The dividend yield is 0.64%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 365.70 and 52 weeks low price is Rs 256.50.
ICICI Bank is a leading private bank in India. The present market cap is Rs 228022.54 crores. It is a large-cap private bank.
ICICI Bank limited earns its revenue largely from banking, sales of financial products and services. Recent audited data for the financial year ending on 31 March 2018, shows ICICI Bank has earned Rs 40866.21 crores from accrued interest and discount on advances and bills which amounts to 74.34% of total sales value. In addition, income from Investment is Rs 11568.17 crores contributing to 21.04% of total sales. In addition, interest accrued from balances with RBI and other inter-bank funds is Rs 1868.14 crores which amount to 3.39% of total sales and interests accrued from other sources is Rs 663.38 crores (1.20% of total sales value).
After the end of the second quarter of 2018 fiscal which ended on 30 June 2018, ICICI Bank reported a standalone interest income of Rs 11310.56 crores, which increased by 4.27% from the previous quarter interest income of Rs 10846.94 crores and increased by 6.85% from the same quarter of the previous fiscal which was Rs 10585.33 crores. ICICI Bank reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1470.92 crores in this quarter.
The icici bank share price shareholding pattern of ICICI Bank currently has different shareholders in the manner mentioned below.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 2,187,850,315 nos of shares amounting to 34.00% of total shares.
- 1,600,459,545 nos of shares which are equivalent to 24.87% of total shares are subscribed to the GDR.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 1,203,731,452 nos of shares or 18.71% of total nos of shares.
- Financial institutions hold 923,251,405 nos of shares amounting to 14.35% of total shares.
- General public holds 343,173,029 nos of shares which is equivalent to 5.33% of total shares.
- Others hold 164,092,088 nos or shares or 2.55% of total shares.
- In addition, the Central Government holds a total number of 12,574,225 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.20% of total nos of shares.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 58843625 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1797.97 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Equity Direct-G which is an equity multi-cap fund holds a total of 61043189 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1865.17 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Equity u0026amp; Debt Fund Direct-Growth which is a hybrid aggressive hybrid equity fund holds 43506500 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1329.34 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth which is a large u0026amp; mid cap fund holds 14614043 nos of shares amounting to Rs 446.53 crores.
Besides, icici bank share price, fFor more information on other companies kindly visit our stock technicals page.