ITC Limited is a large-cap company in the Indian FMCG sector with a diversified business interest in hotels, cigarettes and many others. It bears good weightage among nifty 50 companies and ITC share price fluctuations affect the benchmark index Nifty.
ITC Share Price Graph
ITC Limited is a leader in FMCG space. The only big player in Cigarette/ tobacco sector, it is also a big name in FMCG, Hotels and diversified business interest in IT, paperboards and paper, packaging, Agribusiness and exports, Food & Confectioneries, safety matches, Stationeries, Branded apparel.
ITC started its journey in the year 1910 as Imperial Tobacco Company of India Ltd. as a tobacco company manufacturing cigarettes. In 1975, after it made an acquisition of ITC – Welcome group Hotel Chola, it changed its name to I.T.C. Limited. In 2001 the name was further changed to ITC Limited, the present form.
ITC is a leading private sector company of India and belongs to the prestigious group of Asia’s ‘Fab 50’. Forbes Magazine named ITC as one of the world’s most reputable companies. Today, with a market cap of over $ 14 billion and turnover of more than $ 5 billion, it ranks among the top 10 most valuable brands of India.
ITC earns revenue from the following diversified business ventures.
- Cigarettes and tobaccos
- Lifestyle products
- Personal care products
- Information Technology (IT)
- Paper and paperboards
- Safety matches
- Agri commodities
- E-Choupal (an initiative to enable farmers with the power of knowledge through the internet for marketing its Agri products which separately earns good revenue from rural India).
Today ITC is a real star among private companies of India. It has been awarded numerous awards for excellence in its diversified field of business.
ITC share price is Rs 310.85 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 37.02 versus average industry PE of 37.06, EPS is Rs 8.4. Market cap is Rs 3,77,601 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 1.
ITC share price closed at Rs 279.60 on 05 November 2018 in the NSE. The present market cap is Rs 342334.2 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 9.64 as per the average trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 28.8. The Book Value per share is Rs 43.30. The price over book value ratio or P/BV is 6.42. The Dividend yield is 1.85%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 322.95 and 52 weeks low is Rs 250.00.
ITC is a Large Cap company. The company operates in multiple sectors namely Tobacco, FMCG sector and hospitality sector, primarily hotels. ITC has a famous chain of hotels under its brand name.
ITC earns its revenue from mostly from multiple sectors in which it has a business interest. ITC key products and the revenue segments include Cigarettes the sales of which contributed Rs 22894.01 crores amounting to 51.64% of total sales, sales of Packaged Food Items contributed Rs 8662.78 crores to amounting to 19.55 % of the total sales value, sales from Paper & Paper Boards contributed Rs 3221.11 crores to equivalent to 7.26 % of total sales value, sales from Agricultural Products contributed Rs 2855.85 crores equivalent to 6.44% of total sales, revenue from others contributed Rs 2645.66 crores equivalent to 5.96% of total sales, revenue from Tobacco Unmanufactured contributed Rs 1696.13 crores equivalent to 3.82% of total sales, revenue from Services (Hotels) contributed Rs 1404.10 crores (3.16% of total sales value), sales from Printed Materials contributed Rs 571.32 crores (1.28% of total sales value) and other operating revenue contributed Rs 372.87 crores amounting to 0.84% % of the total sales value for the financial year ending 31 March 2018.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, ITC reported a standalone sales of Rs 10891.23 crores, up by 3.19% from last quarter sales of Rs 10554.66 crores and up by 12.56% from the last year same quarter sales of Rs 9676.22 crores. The company reported a net profit after tax of Rs 2954.67 crores in the latest quarter.
The top management of ITC Ltd. includes Mr David Robert Simpson, Mr Arun Duggal, Mr Hemant Bhargava, Mr Nakul Anand, Mr John Pulinthanam, Mr Sanjiv Puri, Mr Rajiv Tandon, Mr Shilabhadra Banerjee, Mr Sahibzada Syed Habib-ur-Rehman, Mr Yogesh Chander Deveshwar, Mr Sunil Behari Mathur, Ms Nirupama Rao, Ms Meera Shankar.
The company has appointed M/S Deloitte Haskins & Sells as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total no of 12,241,914,761 shares outstanding.
The shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 2,115,369,391 nos of shares amounting to 17.28% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 959,588,593 nos of shares or 7.84% of total shares.
- Others hold 4,318,672,201 nos or shares or 35.28% of total shares.
- General public holds 1,173,623,587 nos of shares which is equivalent 9.59% of total shares.
- Financial Institutions hold 3,653,535,831 nos of shares or 29.84% of total shares.
- In addition, a total of 21,125,158 nos of shares which are equivalent to 0.17% of total shares are subscribed to GDR.
Shareholding pattern of different mutual funds
- L&T mutual funds in the scheme India Value Direct-G which is a value-oriented equity fund has 10427000 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 292.06 crores.
- L&T mutual funds in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G which is an aggressive hybrid fund have 7747300 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 217.00 crores.
- L&T mutual funds in the scheme Tax ADV Direct-G which is an ELSS fund have 3255100 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 91.18 crores.
- L&T mutual funds in the scheme Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap fund have 86.36 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 1050.75 crores.
- Canara Robeco mutual fund in the scheme Emerging Equities Direct-G which is a large & midcap equity fund holds 5150000 nos of shares amounting to Rs 144.25 crores.
For more information on other companies kindly visit our stock technicals page.