The Tech Mahindra Limited is a large-cap company belonging to the Nifty 50 group. For this reason, Tech Mahindra share price influences the benchmark index.
Tech Mahindra Share Price Graph
Tech Mahindra was incorporated in 1986 by the Mahindra Group. It runs business globally by providing the business solution in Information Technology (IT) and telecommunication service solutions.
Tech Mahindra, in partnership with British Telecommunications plc., provides telecom solutions across the world. It is a leader in its sector. It is a top company providing global business integration solutions and global business transformation consultancy. A recent takeover of Mahindra Satyam (earlier Satyam Computer Services) has expanded its business horizon by far and made it a leader in its sector.
Tech Mahindra has acquired many certificates for corporate governance and functioning. They are as follows.
- ISO 9001: 2000
- ISO/ IEC 20000 – 1 : 2005
- ISO/ IEC 27000 : 2005
- SEI / CMMI Level 5 P – CMM Level 5
- SSE/ CMM Level 3
Tech Mahindra earns revenue from diversified business. They are as follows.
- Research and Development Services
- IT services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Services
Tech Mahindra has accomplished 16 Greenfield Operations at international level. It has 128 existing active corporate customers in telecom and other sectors.
Tech Mahindra being a telecom solution provider has acquired an envious customer base which includes global telecom giants. British Telecommunications (BT) is the biggest customer responsible for 60% of Tech Mahindra’s revenue in this sector. Besides BT, Motorola, AT&T, Alcatel-Lucente are other names who are their customers.
Tech Mahindra has been a leader and one of the top global companies. It has been awarded many awards for excellence in its sector and awards for CSR.
Tech Mahindra share price is Rs 381.35 (as on 30.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 12.45 versus average industry P/E of 17.44, EPS is Rs 31.24. Market cap is Rs 37,930 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 5.
The share price of Tech Mahindra was Rs 728.00 at the end of 16 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 69994.68 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 41.59 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 17.5. The Book Value per share is Rs 219.60. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 3.32. The Dividend yield is 1.93%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 780.00 and 52 weeks low is Rs 462.65.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 8,629.85 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 1,618.75 crores. Other income stands at Rs 175.08 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 1,793.83 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 1,064.33 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 11.93.
Tech Mahindra Ltd. is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian information technology sector.
Tech Mahindra Ltd. earns its revenue primarily from software development projects and sales of IT related services. The audited report of the fiscal 2017 – 2018 ending 31 March 2018 shows that the company earned its revenue of Rs 23165.40 crores from software development projects and sales of IT related services amounting to 100%% of total sales value.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, Tech Mahindra Ltd. reported a consolidated sales of Rs 8629.85 crores which shows an increase of 4.27% from the last sales data of last quarter amounting to Rs 8276.28 crores and the same increased by 13.46% from the previous year same quarter sales of Rs 7606.38 crores. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1069.22 crores in the quarter ending 30 September 2018.
The top management of Tech Mahindra Ltd. includes Mr Anupam Puri, Mr Anand G Mahindra, Mr C P Gurnani, Mr Ravindra Kulkarni, Mr M Damodaran, Mr T N Manoharan, Mr V S Parthasarathy, Mr Ulhas N Yargop, Mrs M Rajyalakshmi Rao.
The company has appointed M/S Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 980,798,811 nos of shares outstanding.
The Tech Mahindra Share Price shareholding pattern of Tech Mahindra Ltd. currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company together hold 352,450,608 nos of shares which is equivalent to 35.94% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 377,729,872 nos of shares which is equivalent to 38.51% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 87,200,460 nos of shares or 8.89% of total shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 41,152,288 nos of shares which is equivalent to 4.20% of total shares.
- General public holds 82,213,931 nos of shares which is equivalent to 8.38% of total shares.
- Others hold 41,152,288 nos or shares or 3.86% of total shares.
- The Central Government holds 1,637,080 nos of shares which are equivalent to 0.17% of total shares.
- A total number of 350,744 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.02% of total shares are subscribed to GDR.
- In addition, the foreign promoters hold 242,904 nos of shares which are equivalent to 0.02% of the total shares.
Shares held by the mutual funds
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Balanced Advantage Direct-Growth Fund which is a dynamic asset allocation hybrid fund holds 6565004 nos of shares amounting to Rs 488.37 crores.
- Aditya Birla mutual fund in the scheme SL Frontline Equity Direct-G Fund which is a large-cap fund holds 6104422 nos of shares amounting to Rs 454.11 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 5932360 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 441.31 crores.
- Aditya Birla mutual fund in the scheme SL Equity Direct-G Fund which is a multi-cap fund holds 5474547 nos of shares amounting to Rs 407.25 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Tax Saver Direct Plan-Growth which is an ELSS fund holds 2307628 nos of shares amounting to Rs 171.66 crores.
Besides Tech Mahindra Share Price, For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.