The IndusInd Bank Ltd. belongs to the Nifty 50 group of companies. For this reason fluctuations in IndusInd Bank share price affects the benchmark index.
IndusInd Bank Share Price Graph
IndusInd Bank was named after the Indus valley civilization. The bank was incorporated in 1994 to materialize the vision of Shri Chand Hinduja, head of Hinduja Group of Companies. In June 2004, IndusInd Bank Ltd. merged with Ashok Leyland Finance which was, then one of the largest hire purchase and leasing finance company in India. This step helped the company to grow in a big way and today it is one of the top growing banks in India.
IndusInd Bank was one of the first few private banks which started operations in India after the Government of India came up with the policy to allow private banks to start a banking business in India. It was first such step taken by the Government of India after the nationalisation of private banks took place after independence. In the year 1994 IndusInd Bank started its banking business, the year govt. made a decision to allow privately run banks to enter into the banking sector.
With a view to expand and reach more consumers and make footsteps in diversified banking services. it has earned the position it is in now. Today, it runs a network of 573 branches and 1055 ATMs across the country. It also has an international office in London and Dubai to cater to NRIs (non-resident Indians) and international customers.
It is the first Indian bank to receive ISO 9001: 2000 certification for corporate governance for its offices. IndusInd Bank has entered into a business alliance with Religare securities to provide its customer with a three-in-one package comprising of a bank account combined with a Demat account and a trading account for trading and investing in the stock market in India.
IndusInd Bank has received numerous national and international awards of excellence for its performance in the banking and financial sector.
IndusInd Bank share price is Rs 1490.95 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 31.11 versus average industry PE of 27.31, EPS is Rs 47.92. Market cap is Rs 1,22,241 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10. Net NPA to Net Advance percentage stands at 0.38% (as per data of fiscal,’16).
The closing share price of IndusInd Bank on 02 November 2018 is Rs 1541.80 in the National Stock Exchange. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 63.95 calculated over the past 12 months performance. The price over earning ratio or P/E is 24.11. The book value per share or BV is Rs Rs 397. The price over book value or P/BV is 3.88. The dividend yield is 0.49%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 2038.00 and 52 weeks low price is Rs 1335.15.
IndusInd Bank is a leading private bank in India. The present market cap is Rs 92804.31 crores. It is a large-cap private bank.
IndusInd Bank limited earns its revenue largely from banking, sales of financial products and services. Recent audited data for the financial year ending on 31 March 2018, shows IndusInd Bank Bank has earned Rs 13699.91 crores from accrued interest and discount on advances and bills which amounts to 79.27% of total sales value. In addition, income from Investment is Rs 3074.38 crores contributing to 17.79% of total sales. In addition, interest accrued from balances with RBI and other inter-bank funds is Rs 321.48 crores which amount to 1.86% of total sales and interests accrued from other sources is Rs 184.99 crores (1.07% of total sales value).
The Bank has reported a Gross Non Performing Assets (Gross NPAs) of Rs 1781.36 crores (1.09 % of total assets) and Net Non Performing Assets (Net NPAs) of Rs 787.57 crores (0.48% of total assets).
After the end of the second quarter of 2018 fiscal which ended on 30 June 2018, IndusInd Bank reported a standalone interest income of Rs 4452.10 crores, which showed an increase of 7.37% from the last quarter income from interests which was Rs 4146.62 crores and remained unchanged from the same quarter of the previous fiscal which was the same. IndusInd Bank reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1470.92 crores in the latest quarter.
The IndusInd Bank Share Price shareholding pattern of IndusInd Bank currently has different shareholders in the manner mentioned below.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 280,090,652 nos of shares amounting to 46.58% of total shares.
- Foreign promoters hold 89,827,767 nos of shares which are equivalent to 14.94% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 50,670,876 nos of shares or 8.43% of total nos of shares.
- Financial institutions hold 4,144,231 nos of shares amounting to 0.69% of total shares.
- General public holds 36,690,435 nos of shares which is equivalent to 6.10% of total shares.
- Others hold 75,190,677 nos or shares or 12.50% of total shares.
- In addition, the Central Government holds a total number of 50 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.00% of total nos of shares.
- A total no of 64,681,514 shares or 10.76% of total shares is subscribed to GDR.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 4672100 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 789.61 crores.
- Motilal Oswal mutual fund in the scheme Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth which is an equity multi-cap fund holds a total of 3949210 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 667.44 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Fund Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 2584811 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 436.85 crores.
- UTI mutual fund in the scheme Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap equity fund holds 2296000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 388.04 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Focus Direct Plan-Growth which is a multi-cap equity fund holds 749395 nos of shares amounting to Rs 126.65 crores.
Besides IndusInd Bank Share Price, For more information on other companies kindly visit here.