Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is one of the most familiar brand names in India, state-owned oil and natural gas company. In India, the company has almost 25% market share among PSU (public sector companies). It has owned a strong marketing infrastructure and the second largest share of product pipelines in India. In this content, we will provide an overall description of the Hindustan Petroleum Share Price Graph and News.
Hindustan Petroleum Share Price Graph
Incorporated in 1974, the company also operates two of the major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels and specialties. These refineries are situated one in Mumbai and the other in Visakhapatnam. Besides this, it also operates one of the largest lubricants refineries in India. It produces lube base oils. HPCL marketing network spread over 13 zonal offices which are in major cities. The company also has 101 regional offices too. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation acquisition announcement were made by Govt of India on July 2017.
Their products and services include:
- Bulk fuels and Specialities
- LPG (HP Gas)
- Lubes (HP Lubes)
- Retails (Petrol Pumps etc)
- Product Pipeline
- Alternate Energy
On the Fortune Global 500 lists of the world’s biggest corporation as of 2016, HPCL is ranked 367.
HPCL’s financial growth track record is also on a good track. Over the years the company’s refining capacity increased to 14.80 million metric tonnes as of March 2013. It has also shown a progressive profit report. Besides this, the company’s sales report also reaches a peak point. As the company’s market cap stands at 45,615.63, it is considered as a mid-cap company. Let’s move to the other fundamental details of the company. The company’s P/E ratio is 7.18 according to the last FY and EPS is 41.72 (standalone based). Price/Book value is 2.49. According to the current market value, Hindustan Petroleum Share Price (as on 26.06.2018) is 299.10 in NSE.
HPCL share price closed at Rs 229.50 on 01 November 2018 in the NSE. The present market cap is Rs 34964.11 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 42.71 as per the average trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 5.46. The Book Value per share is Rs 167.56. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 1.40. The Dividend yield is 8.51%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 450.90 and 52 weeks low is Rs 163.00.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. more commonly known as HPCL is a Large Cap company. The company operates in the Indian Petroleum sector.
HPCL earns its revenue from mostly from the sale of petroleum distributed all over India from the refineries. But there are other sources of earning as well. The audited financial report of HPCL for the year ended 31 March 2018 shows that the company has earned Rs 212196.37 crores from the sales from refinery amounting to 99.24% of total sales, earned Rs 1292.58 crores from the subsidy amounting to 0.60% of total sales value, Rs 197.30 crores earned from sales from other operating revenue amounting to 0.09% of total sales, revenue from rent contributed Rs 116.74 crores ( 0.05% of total sales ).
For the quarter ended 30 June 2018, the company reported a standalone sales of Rs 67206.92 crores which shows a decrease of -19% from the sales of last quarter which ended in March 2018. The sales of Rs the last quarter was 15430.69 crores. The sales have increased by 41.97% from the sales of the same quarter of the previous year which was Rs 47339.55 crores. In the quarter ending 30 June 2018, the company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1091.98 crores.
The top management of the company includes Mr G V Krishna, Mr Amar Sinha, Mr J Ramaswamy, Mr Pushp Kumar Joshi, Mr Mukesh Kumar Surana, Mr S Jeyakrishnan, Mr Ram Niwas Jain, Mr Sandeep Poundrik, Mr Subhash Kumar, Mr Siraj Hussain, Mr T N Singh, Mrs Asifa Khan, Mr Vinod S Shenoy.
The company has M/S R Devendra Kumar u0026amp; Associates as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 1,523,822,625 nos of shares outstanding.
The Hindalco Share Price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 307,332,211 nos of shares amounting to 20.17% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 176,565,604 nos of shares or 11.59% of total shares.
- Others hold 855,775,936 nos or shares or 56.16% of total shares.
- General public holds 108,709,572 nos of shares which is equivalent 7.13% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 75,439,302 shares are subscribed by the other financial institutions which are equivalent to 4.95% of total shares.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
There are big financial institutions and fund houses who have chosen Hindustan Petroleum Corporations Limited as an important investment vehicle and have chosen to stay invested. Here is a list of them who have invested substantial amounts in this company.
- Motilal Oswal mutual funds in the scheme Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth which is a Multi Cap Fund have 14943507 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 375.75 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 12688665 nos of shares which is equivalent to Rs 319.06 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G which is a Hybrid Aggressive Hybrid fund holds 9162650 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 230.39 crores.
- Aditya Birla mutual funds in the scheme SL Frontline Equity Fund Direct-G which is a Large Cap Equity Fund have 8920794 nos of shares having a valuation of Rs 224.31 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth which is a Large u0026amp; Midcap Equity fund holds 4793828 nos of shares amounting to Rs 120.54 crores.
Apart from the article, Hindalco Share Price, for more information on other companies, kindly open the specific link.