The Tata Steel Limited is a large-cap company belonging to the Nifty 50 group. For this reason, Tata Steel share price influences the benchmark index.
Tata Steel Share Price Graph
Tata Steel was incorporated in 1907 as the flagship company of the Tata Group. Later it became the first owner of an integrated steel company in Asia and a fortune 500 company. Today it is the largest private sector company in steel production and 6th largest steel company in the world having annual steel production capacity of over 30 million tonnes. Tata Steel presently runs the business in more than 50 countries from manufacturing units situated in 26 countries.
Besides steel manufacturing, Tata Steel has forayed into steel building and construction application business in Joint Venture with Tata BlueScope Steel Limited. In addition, the company has also started coal and iron ore mining business. In a 50:50 Joint Venture with SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited), Tata Steel has entered into coal mining business. The company has also bought 19.9% stake in New Millennium Capital Corporation in Canada to enter into iron mining business globally.
Tata Steel has the following business divisions.
- Ferro Alloys and Minerals Division
- Bearings Division
- Agrico Division
- Tubes Division
- Wire Division
- Tata Growth Shop (TGS)
Tata steel along with joint ventures and associated companies runs its vast business empire across the world. These companies are listed below.
- Tinplate Company of India Limited (TCIL)
- Tata Ryerson Limited (TRYL)
- Tayo Rolls Limited
- Tata Sponge Iron Limited (TSIL)
- Tata Refractories Limited (TRL)
- Tata Pigments Limited
- Tata Metaliks
- TM International Logistics Limited (TMILL)
- Jamshedpur Injection Powder Limited (Jamipol)
- TRF Limited
- The Indian Steel and Wire Products Limited (ISWP)
- Jamshedpur Utility and Service Company Limited (JUSCO)
- Dhamra Port Company
- Tata BlueScope Steel Limited
- Hooghly Met Coke & Power Company
- Sila Eastern Company Limited
- Lanka Special Steel Limited
- NatSteel Holdings (NSH)
- Tata NYK: A joint venture with Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- Tata Steel Thailand
- Tata Steel KZN- South Africa
Tata Steel has been a leader and one of the top global companies. It has been awarded many awards for excellence in its sector and awards for CSR.
Tata Steel share price is Rs 544.35 (as on 30.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 15.08 versus average industry P/E of 14.66, EPS is Rs 35.47. Market cap is Rs 51,931 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10.
The Tata Steel share price closed at Rs 589.35 on 15 November 2018 in the NSE. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 66.07 as per the average trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 8.71. The Book Value per share is Rs 494.88. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 1.16. The Dividend yield is 1.74%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 755.49 and 52 weeks low is Rs 493.00.
As per the financial report for the quarter ending 30 September 2018, the consolidated sales figure stands at Rs 42,946.98 crores. Other operating income contributed Rs 597.12 crores. Operating profit for the same period was Rs 8,919.51 crores. Other income contributed Rs 354.43 crores. The EBITDA for the same quarter stands at Rs 9,273.94 crores. The standalone net profit for the same quarter stands at Rs 3,598.73 crores. The earnings per share or EPS for the quarter is Rs 31.06.
Tata Steel Ltd. more commonly known as TISCO is a Large Cap company. The company operates in the Indian Iron and Steel sector. The current market cap of the company is Rs 70880.52 crores.
Tata Steel earns its revenue from mostly from the sale of steel and steel products manufactured in many steel plants under its network. The main source of revenue comes from steel products though there are other sources of earning as well. The audited financial report of Tata Steel for the year ended 31 March 2018 shows that the company has earned Rs 51010.53 crores from the sale of steel and steel products amounting to 95.77% of total sales, Rs 1418.43 crores earned from sale of power amounting to 2.66% of total sales, revenue from other operating income contributed Rs 696.03 crores or 1.30% of total sales value revenue from other services contributed Rs 135.97 crores which is equivalent to 0.25% of total sales.
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, the company has reported a consolidated sales of Rs 42946.98 crores which shows an increase of 14.73% from the sales of last quarter which ended in March 2018. The sales of the last quarter were Rs 37434.03 crores. The sales have sharply increased by 33.79% from the sales of the same quarter of the previous year which was Rs 32101.03 crores. In the quarter ending 30 September 2018, the company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 3044.89 crores.
The company’s top management includes Mr Aman Mehta, Dr Peter Blauwhoff, Mr Deepak Kapoor, Mr Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Mr Koushik Chatterjee, Mr O P Bhatt, Mr T V Narendran, Mr Ratan N Tata, Ms Mallika Srinivasan, Mr V K Sharma.
The company has appointed M/S Price Waterhouse & Co LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 1,204,119,926 nos of shares outstanding.
- The promoters and the promoter groups altogether hold 398,823,600 nos of shares that are equivalent to 33.12% of total shares.
- The financial institutions hold 156,010,566 nos of shares that are equivalent to 12.96% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 180,901,719 nos of shares amounting to 15.02% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 203,375,286 nos of shares or 16.89% of total shares.
- Others hold 65,684,115 nos or shares or 5.45% of total shares.
- General public holds 197,995,321 nos of shares which is equivalent 16.44% of Tata Steel Share Price.
- The Central Government holds 1,329,319 nos of shares or 0.11% of total shares.
Besides Tata Steel Share Price, For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.