The Tata Steel Limited is a large cap company belonging to Nifty 50 group. For this reason, Tata Steel share price influences the benchmark index.
Tata Steel Share Price Graph
Tata Steel was incorporated in 1907 as the flagship company of the Tata Group. Later it became the first owner of integrated steel company in Asia and a fortune 500 company. Today it is the largest private sector company in steel production and 6th largest steel company in the world having annual steel production capacity of over 30 million tonnes. Tata Steel presently runs the business in more than 50 countries from manufacturing units situated in 26 countries.
Besides steel manufacturing, Tata Steel has forayed into steel building and construction application business in Joint Venture with Tata Bluescope Steel Limited. In addition, the company has also started coal and iron ore mining business. In a 50:50 Joint Venture with SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited), Tata Steel has entered into coal mining business. The company has also bought 19.9% stake in New Millennium Capital Corporation in Canada to enter into iron mining business globally.
Tata Steel has the following business divisions.
- Ferro Alloys and Minerals Division
- Bearings Division
- Agrico Division
- Tubes Division
- Wire Division
- Tata Growth Shop (TGS)
Tata steel along with joint ventures and associated companies runs its vast business empire across the world. These companies are listed below.
- Tinplate Company of India Limited (TCIL)
- Tata Ryerson Limited (TRYL)
- Tayo Rolls Limited
- Tata Sponge Iron Limited (TSIL)
- Tata Refractories Limited (TRL)
- Tata Pigments Limited
- Tata Metaliks
- TM International Logistics Limited (TMILL)
- Jamshedpur Injection Powder Limited (Jamipol)
- TRF Limited
- The Indian Steel and Wire Products Limited (ISWP)
- Jamshedpur Utility and Service Company Limited (JUSCO)
- Dhamra Port Company
- Tata BlueScope Steel Limited
- Hooghly Met Coke & Power Company
- Sila Eastern Company Limited
- Lanka Special Steel Limited
- NatSteel Holdings (NSH)
- Tata NYK : A joint venture with Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
- Tata Steel Thailand
- Tata Steel KZN- South Africa
Tata Steel has been a leader and one of the top global companies. It has been awarded many awards for excellence in its sector and awards for CSR.
Company Financials – Tata Steel share price is Rs 544.35 (as on 30.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 15.08 versus average industry P/E of 14.66, EPS is Rs 35.47. Market cap is Rs 51,931 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 10.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.