The Tata Motors Limited is a large-cap company belonging to the Nifty 50 group. It’s one of the largest passenger as well as commercial vehicle manufacturer of India. For this reason, Tata Motors share price influences the benchmark index.
Tata Motors Share Price Graph
Tata Motors is an iconic name in the Indian automobile industry, especially in the commercial vehicle sector as goods as well as a commercial passenger carrier. Tata Motors is the flagship company of the Tata Group of companies. It was established in 1945 in the name of Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited. Later it took the present name. It is the largest company in the automobile sector in India. Globally, Tata Motors is the fourth largest company in truck manufacturing division and second largest in bus manufacturing division, in terms of manufacture unit volume. Tata Motors is the first company from the automobile sector to be listed in NYSE in 2004.
Tata Motors has also issued DVRs listed in NSE on 2008 which are traded regularly in NSE.
Ever since the rollout of the first truck from Tata in 1954, it never looked back. Today it manufactures vehicles from the following plants.
- Rangangaon (Joint Venture With Fiat)
Tata Motors product portfolio in automobile sector comprises of the following divisions.
- Passenger Vehicles
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial passenger vehicles
- Defence vehicles
- Construction and engineering equipment
Tata Motors has a number of subsidiaries. They are as follows.
- Telco Construction Equipment Co. Ltd. (Telcon)
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Tata Technologies Ltd. (TTL) and its subsidiaries
- .HV Transmissions Ltd. (HVTL)
- HV Axles Ltd. (HVAL)
- Sheba Properties Ltd. (Sheba)
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd. (TAL)
- Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Ltd (TDWCV)
- Concorde Motors (India) Ltd. (Concorde)
- .Tata Motors European Technical Centre plc.
- Tata Motors Finance Limited
- Hispano Carrocera S. A. (HC)
- Tata Motors Insurance Broking & Advisory Services Ltd (TMIBASL)
- Tata Motors (SA) Proprietary Ltd (TMSA)
- TML Distribution Company Ltd (TDCL)
- Tata Motors Thailand.
- Tata Marcopolo Motors Ltd (TMML)
Tata Motors is a large-cap company in India and has been awarded many times for award of excellence in the automobile sector.
The share price of Tata Motors Limited was Rs 180.20 at the end of 15 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 3.40 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 52.6. The Book Value per share is Rs 282.56. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 0.63. The Dividend yield is 0%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 443.50 and 52 weeks low is Rs 164.60.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 71,292.79 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 819.29 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 6,257.69 crores. Other income stands at Rs 617.22 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 6,874.91 crores. The net profit stands at Rs -1,048.80 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs -3.09.
Tata Motors Ltd., popularly known as TAMO, is a Large Cap company (having a market cap of Rs 51957.84 Crore) operating in the Indian Automobile sector in the passenger car, commercial vehicle and goods vehicle sub-sectors. Tata Motors Ltd. is a leading company in the Indian automobile space and one of the very few that have put strong steps in the international automobile manufacturing arena. With its futuristic views, Tata Motors Ltd. has set up new projects to come up with futuristic electric cars.
Tata Motors Ltd. earns its principal revenue from the sale of Light passenger cars and light-duty utility vehicles and commercial vehicles. The audited financial report ending on 31 March 2018, the company reported that it earned its revenue from the sale of vehicle mountings which contributed Rs 48018.52 crores to total sales value equivalent to 97.79% of total sales value, earnings from other operating revenue contributed Rs 711.92 crores amounting to 1.44% of total sales value, earning from vehicle financing contributed Rs 1.94 crores (0.0% of sales value), revenue from sale of services contributed Rs 368.03 crores (0.74% of total sales).
For the quarter ended 30 September 2018, the company has reported a consolidated sales of Rs 71292.79 crores, which showed an increase of 8.09 % from the last quarter sales of Rs 65956.78 crores and up by 1.62 % from the sales figure of last year same quarter Rs 70155.96 crores. Tata Motors has reported a net profit after tax of Rs -1095.34 Crore in the latest quarter.
The company’s top management includes Mr Guenter Butschek, Dr Ralf Speth, Mr N Chandrasekaran, Mr Om Prakash Bhatt, Mr N Munjee, Mr Satish Borwankar, Mr Ratan N Tata, Mr V K Jairath, Ms Hanne Birgitte Sorensen, Ms Falguni Nayar.
The company has appointed M/S BSR & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 2,887,348,694 nos of shares outstanding.
The shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The promoter and promoter group companies hold 1,076,253,060 nos of share that are equivalent to 37.27% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 542,456,451 nos of shares amounting to 18.79% of total shares.
- Financial institutions hold 257,035,126 nos of shares that are equivalent to 9.23% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 241,046,042 nos of shares or 8.35% of total shares.
- General public holds 266,466,637 nos of shares which is equivalent to 9.23% of total shares.
- Others hold 499,147,369 nos or shares or 17.29% of total shares.
- The Central Government holds 4,944,009 nos of shares or 0.17% of total shares.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.