Lupin Limited belongs to Nifty 50 group of companies. For this reason fluctuations in Lupin share price affects the benchmark index.
Lupin Share Price Graph
Lupin Limited was incorporated in 1968. from a humble beginning this transnational company today runs a business network in over 70 countries. It is a leader in developing APIs, generic drugs and branded drugs.
Salient Features Of Lupin Limited?
- It is a Mumbai based transnational pharmaceutical and drug company.
- 7th largest company in market cap.
- 10th largest generic drug producing company in world by revenue.
- By prescription-led market share it is 5th largest generic pharma company in US.
- By revenue, Lupin is 3rd largest Indian pharma company.
- Fastest growing generic pharma company in Japan and US
- Largest and fastest growing generic pharma company if South Africa.
Lupin has manufacturing facilities located in Goa, Ankleshwar, Tarapur, Jammu, Indore, Mandideep and Aurangabad in India. Lupin alsop has a manufacturing unit located at Kyowa, Japan.
These manufacturing units manufacture APIs, generic and branded drugs under different local and international drug licensing authorities. Some noted such licensing authorities are:
- US FDA
- UK MHRA
- TAG Australia
- MCC South Africa
Business – Lupin earns most of its revenue from manufacture and marketing of drugs in following categories:
- Over 70% of revenue comes from products from drug formulations of Cephalosporin, CNS, CVS, Anti-TB, Anti-Asthma, Dermatology, Diabetology, GI and several others.
- APIs also help to earn big revenue from products of Cephalosporin, Cardiovascular, treatment of TB among others.
- In the segment of Contract Research And Manufacturing Services (CRAMS), Lupin acquired Novodigm which develop and validate products.
Lupin Limited has received numerous national and international awards of excellence for its performance in pharmaceutical sector.
Company Financials – Lupin share price is Rs 1060.85 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 15.25 versus average industry PE of 27.98, EPS is Rs 69.54. Market cap is Rs 47,919 crores. The face value of share is Rs 2.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit our stock technicals page.