Lupin Limited belongs to the Nifty 50 group of companies. For this reason fluctuations in Lupin, share price affects the benchmark index.
Lupin Share Price Graph
Lupin Limited was incorporated in 1968. from a humble beginning, this transnational company today runs a business network in over 70 countries. It is a leader in developing APIs, generic drugs and branded drugs.
About Lupin Limited
- It is a Mumbai based transnational pharmaceutical and drug company.
- The 7th largest company in market cap.
- The 10th largest generic drug producing company in the world by revenue.
- By prescription-led market share, it is 5th largest generic pharma company in the US.
- By revenue, Lupin is 3rd largest Indian pharma company.
- Fastest growing generic pharma company in Japan and the US
- Largest and fastest growing generic pharma company if South Africa.
Lupin has manufacturing facilities located in Goa, Ankleshwar, Tarapur, Jammu, Indore, Mandideep and Aurangabad in India. Lupin also has a manufacturing unit located at Kyowa, Japan.
These manufacturing units manufacture APIs, generic and branded drugs under different local and international drug licensing authorities. Some noted such licensing authorities are:
- US FDA
- UK MHRA
- TAG Australia
- MCC South Africa
Business – Lupin earns most of its revenue from manufacture and marketing of drugs in the following categories:
- Over 70% of revenue comes from products from drug formulations of Cephalosporin, CNS, CVS, Anti-TB, Anti-Asthma, Dermatology, Diabetology, GI and several others.
- APIs also help to earn big revenue from products of Cephalosporin, Cardiovascular, treatment of TB among others.
- In the segment of Contract Research And Manufacturing Services (CRAMS), Lupin acquired Novodigm which develop and validate products.
Lupin Limited has received numerous national and international awards of excellence for its performance in the pharmaceutical sector.
Lupin share price is Rs 1060.85 (as on 23.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 15.25 versus average industry PE of 27.98, EPS is Rs 69.54. Market cap is Rs 47,919 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 2.
Lupin share price was Rs 852.05 at the end of 06 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 38473.86 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 32.20 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 26.86. The Book Value per share is Rs 301.21. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 2.83. The Dividend yield is 0.59%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 986.10 and 52 weeks low is Rs 723.65.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 3890.13 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 60.13 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 549.64 crores. Other income stands at Rs 230.68 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 780.32 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 265.98 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 5.86.
Lupin Ltd. is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector.
Lupin earns its lions share of revenue from manufacture and sales of medicines in the form of tablets, capsules, injection ampules etc. The annual audited report ending at 31 March 2018 reported that Lupin Ltd. earned revenue from the sale of pharmaceuticals products contributed Rs 12236.95 crores which amounted to 95.95% of total sales value. Besides the above-mentioned sales figure, financial stats of the previous fiscal show that revenue earned from export incentives was Rs 348.04 crores (2.72% of total sales), revenue earned from other operating income stood at Rs 7.03 crores (0.05% of total sales), earnings from other services were Rs 161.13 crores (2.72% of total sales value).
The audited report ending on 30 September 2018 reported a consolidated sales of Rs 3890.93 crores which is up by 3.08% from the sales of last quarter ending on 31 March 2018 which was Rs 3774.57 crores and the total sales in this quarter has increased by 0.43% from the sales same quarter of the previous year which was Rs 3874.16 crores. The company reported a net profit after tax of Rs 268.10 crores in the current quarter which ended 30 September 2018.
The top management of Lupin includes Dr K U Mada, Dr Desh Bandhu Gupta, Dr Kamal K Sharma, Mr Dileep C Choksi, Dr Vijay Kelkar, Mr Jean-Luc Belingard, Mr R A Shah, Mr Nilesh Gupta, Mr Ramesh Swaminathan, Mrs Manju D Gupta, Mr Richard Zahn, Ms Vinita Gupta.
The company has M/S B S R & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 452,193,625 nos of shares outstanding.
The shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 211,259,246 nos of shares which is equivalent to 46.72% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 114,084,321 nos of shares amounting to 25.23% of total shares.
- The foreign promoters hold 1,286,394 nos of shares or 0.28% of shares.
- Others hold 16,778,172 nos or shares or 3.71% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 29,383,840 nos of shares or 6.50% of total shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 25,807,306 nos of shares amounting to 5.71% of total shares.
- General public holds 52,415,446 nos of shares which is equivalent to 11.59% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 1,178,900 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.26% of total shares are held by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual funds
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G which is a hybrid aggressive equity fund holds 1309348 nos of shares which are equivalent to Rs 115.94 crores in value.
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme India Value Direct-G which is a value-oriented equity fund holds 866400 nos of shares which are equivalent to Rs 76.72 crores in value.
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme Tax ADV Direct-G which is an ELSS equity fund holds 1309348 nos of shares which are equivalent to Rs 48.32 crores in value.
- L&T mutual fund in the scheme Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap equity fund holds 343305 nos of shares which are equivalent to Rs 30.40 crores in value.
- Quantum mutual fund in the scheme Long-Term Equity Value Direct-G which is a value-oriented equity fund holds 301353 nos of shares equivalent to the value of Rs 26.66 crores.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit our stock technicals page.