Hero Motocorp Limited was incorporated in 1984 as a joint collaboration venture of Honda Motor Company, Japan and Hero group in the name of Hero Honda Motors Limited. The Hero Motocorp share price reflects the present financial condition of the company. It is a nifty 50 company and an automobile major in India. It is the largest company and leader in the two-wheeler sector in India.
Hero Motocorp Share Price Graph
Under this joint collaboration, the first motorcycle to hit Indian roads was CD 100 which was instantly taken to the liking of Indian middle class in 1985. By the year 1987, it produced the 100000 th. motorcycle. Production increased almost in geometrical progression with every year passing by. 1991 saw 500000 th. motorcycle under Hero Motocorp, in 1994 it was 1000000 th. motorcycle, in 1998 the 4000000 th., 2000 saw 4000000 th. motorcycle. And the production went on increasing steadily along with net profit in the balance sheet. Today, it is the largest two-wheeler manufacturing company in the world. Approximately over 20 million motorcycles under the Hero Motocorp brand tread Indian roads today.
Today low emission motorcycles of Hero Motocorp has set the benchmark standard in low emission. Hero Motocorp manufactures motorcycles from three manufacturing units in India which are of global standard. Two of them are in Dharuhera and Gurgaon in Haryana and the third in Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
The shareholding pattern of the company is as follows.
- Promoters stake – 34.64%
- Institutional stake – 55.16%
- Non-institutional stake – 10.2%
In the next two years, in fiscal 18 and fiscal 19, Hero Motocorp has plans to invest over Rs 2500 crores infrastructure capacity increase and also in R&D for product development. In addition, the company has plans to invest in upcoming manufacturing units at Andhra Pradesh and Bangladesh. Some of the investment will also be used for expansion and modification at the Gujarat facility.
As per the latest data available the Hero Motocorp has crossed 70 million in sales and has plans to reach 100 million soon.
Hero Motocorp share price is Rs 3806.75 (as on 20.06.17, 11.44 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 22.62 versus average industry PE of 28.1, EPS is Rs 169.11. Market cap is Rs 76,405 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 2.
Hero Motocorp share price closed at 2762.35 in NSE on 31 October 2018. As per the quarter ended on 30-06-2018, the EPS is Rs 152.89 (consolidated). The P/E is 18.28. The sectoral P/E is 22.99. The book value per share is Es 741.11. The price to book value ratio or P/ BV is 3.77. The dividend yield is 2.15. All these data are calculated over the average input of the past 12 months.
Total no of subscribed shares is 28.94 crores.
Hero Motocorp Ltd. operates in the Indian auto sector though it has a significant presence in other foreign countries as well. It earns its revenue largely from two and three-wheeler sectors. It is a Large Cap company. Hero Motocorp has a market cap of Rs 55226.39 crores.
The audited report published for the previous fiscal ending on 31 March 2018, Hero Motocorp earned its lions share of revenue from its key manufactured products, i.e. 2 and 3 Wheeler sub-sector of the automobile sector. Revenue generated from key products sales stand at Rs 27780.34 crores equivalent to 90.06% of total sales value. Revenue from the sale of spares contributed Rs 2548.49 crores which are 8.26% of the total sales value. Income from other operating revenue stands at Rs 283.60 crores equivalent to 0.91% of total sales, the sale of services contributed Rs 211.84 crores equivalent to 0.68% of total sales and earning from export incentives added a revenue of Rs 21.85 crores which are 0.07% of total sales.
For the second quarter of this fiscal, the company has reported a standalone sales of Rs 9090.94 crores. Sales in this quarter have increased by 3.19% from the previous quarter having a sales figure of Rs 8809.82. Sales in this quarter have also increased by 8.72% when compared to the sales figure for the second quarter of the previous fiscal which was Rs 8361.99 crores. The company has also reported a net profit after tax of Rs 976.28 crores in the current quarter ending on 30 September 2018.
The company’s top management includes Dr Pritam Singh, Dr Anand C Burman, General V P Malik, Mr Paul Edgerley, Mr M Damodaran, Mr Pawan Munjal, Mr Ravi Nath, Mr Pradeep Dinodia, Mr Suman Kant Munjal, Ms Shobana Kamineni, Mr Vikram S Kasbekar.
The company has appointed M/S BSR & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 199,711,455 nos of shares outstanding.
The Hero Motocorp Share Price shareholding pattern of Hero Motocorp currently has different shareholders in the manner mentioned below.
- The promoter and promoter group of companies together hold 69,166,082 nos of shares which is equivalent to 34.63% of the total nos of shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 77,622,898 nos of shares amounting to 38.87% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 12,187,860 nos of shares or 6.10% of total nos of shares.
- Financial institutions hold 17,331,573 nos of shares amounting to 8.68% of total shares.
- General public holds 12,062,503 nos of shares which is equivalent to 6.04% of total shares.
- Others hold 11,340,539 nos or shares or 5.68% of total shares.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 1187127 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 348.21 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Long-Term Equity (Tax Saving) Direct-G which is an eLSS equity fund holds a total of 674382 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 197.81 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 1231758 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 361.31 crores.
- Kotak mutual fund in the scheme Standard Multicap Direct-G which is a multi-cap equity fund holds 1450000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 425.32 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G which is an Aggressive Hybrid fund holds 584000 nos of shares amounting to Rs 171.30 crores.
Besides Hero Motocorp Share Price, for more information on other companies kindly visit here.