Grasim Industries Limited is a Mumbai, Maharashtrian based company, incorporated in the year 1948, started as the textile manufactures in India. Though the company started with the textile manufacture, later it has diversified into Viscose Staple Fiber (VSF), cement, sponge iron, chemicals and Financial Services like NBFC, Asset Management, and Life Insurance. The company is one of the subsidiaries of Aditya Birla Group which operates over 40 companies, spread all over the world. Grasim’s headquarters is situated in Madhya Pradesh. It also has plants in various places such as Kharach (Kosamba, Gujarat), Harihar, Davangere in the state of Karnataka. The content will cover Grasim Industries Share Price Graph and News.
Grasim Industries Share Price Graph
The company considers as the world’s largest producer and exporter of viscose rayon fibre with about 24% market share and exports to over 50 countries. The company strengthen the VSF production by integration in Dissolving Grade Pulp, Powder and steam, caustic soda, these are the major inputs required for the VSF production. Grasim also contributes to 15% of the group Textile and related products turnover.
Their business consist of these following segments:
- Viscose Staple Fiber (VSF)
- Sponge Iron
- Diversified Financial Services
Grasim has received Grasim bags Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Award 2018 for outstanding performance in the Textile sector. Forbes ranks Grasim at 1,380 in the listing of 2000 best companies and fabulous 50 companies in Asia. The company has built up its brand name and image.
Now, its time to discuss the company’s financial background along with grasim industries share price. Grasim belongs to the Large Cap company with 68,173.24 market cap. In the company financial data, there is other information too. Its P/E stands at 38.55 (standalone based) as per the current information. Let’s look at the price/book value which is 4.19. EPS stands at 26.90. Div yield is 0.53%. Grasim industries share price (as on 26.06.2018) is 1038.25 in NSE.
The share price of Grasim Industries Limited was Rs 812.30 at the end of 30 October 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The current market cap is Rs 52982.13 crores. The face value of each share of Grasim is Rs 2. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 31.39 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 26.01. The Book Value per share is Rs 1273.19. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 0.64. The Dividend yield is 0.67%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 1300.00 and 52 weeks low is Rs 756.00.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 16856.70 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 3462.43 crores. Other income stands at Rs 232.95 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 3695.38 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 1,116.07 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 16.96.
GRASIM is a Large Cap company operating in the various sectors.
The company earns its lions share of revenue from different sectors in the Indian market. The audited financial report ending on 30 March 2018, the company reported In the year earning from key product segment which includes sales of Fibre which contributed Rs 7629.32 crores to total sales value (67.79 % of Total Sales), sales of chemicals which contributed Rs 3403.80 crores amounting to 9.26 % of total sales value, others contributed Rs 77.94 crores (0.24 % of the total sales value), revenue from other operations contributed Rs 44.86 crores amounting to 0.39% of the total sales value, export incentives contributed Rs 41.22 crores (0.36 % of Total Sales), sales of scraps contributed Rs 33.48 crores (0.29% of total sales), revenue from power contributed Rs 19.29 crores (0.17 % of total sales), earning from rent contributed Rs 3.04 crores (0.02%) of total sales value) for the financial year ending 31 March 2018.
For the quarter ended 30 June 2018, the company has reported a consolidated sales of Rs 16856.70 crores, down by -3.33% from last quarter Sales of Rs 17437.95 crores and increased by 71.20 % from last year same quarter Sales of Rs 9845.92 crores. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 1357.89 crore in this quarter.
The company’s top management includes Mr Arun Kannan Thiagarajan, Dr T M Connelly Jr, Mr B V Bhargava, Mr N Mohan Raj, Mr Dilip Gaur, Mr Sushil Agarwal, Mr Cyril Shroff, Mr Kumar Mangalam Birla, Mr M L Apte, Mr Shailendra K Jain, Mr O P Rungta, Mrs.Rajashree Birla.
The company has appointed M/S G P Kapadia Co. as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 657,591,288 nos of shares outstanding.
The grasim industries share price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 239,594,340 nos of shares which is equivalent to 36.44% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 154,608,667 nos of shares amounting to 23.51% of total shares.
- Others hold 70,446,864 nos or shares or 10.71% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 41,630,079 nos of shares or 6.33% of total shares.
- General public holds 59,146,747 nos of shares which is equivalent to 8.99% of total shares.
- Foreign promoters hold 24,011,520 nos of shares which are equivalent to 3.65% of shares.
- Financial institutions hold 68,143,915 nos of shares or 10.36% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 9,156 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.00% of total shares are being held by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- Reliance mutual fund in the scheme Equity Hybrid Direct-G Fund Direct-Growth which is an Aggressive Hybrid fund holds 8390826 nos of shares amounting to Rs 857.12 crores.
- Mirae Asset India Equity Fund Direct-Growth holds 2030166 nos of shares amounting to 203.66 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 3608450 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 368.60 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 3408928 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 348.22 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme tax Saver Direct Plan-Growth which is an Equity-ELSS fund holds 697376 nos of shares amounting to Rs 71.24 crores.
Besides grasim industries share price, fFor more data on other companies, kindly open the specific link.