Matrimony.com is engaged in providing online matchmaking and marriage services. They offer their services through the Internet and mobile platforms in India and internationally. They are one of the first companies to provide online matchmaking services in India. In this post we will check the Matrimony.com IPO Review and we will try to find out what are the profit opportunity for our readers in the new issue.
About Matrimony.com IPO :
- IPO Opens On – September 11, 2017
- IPO Closes On – September 13, 2017
- Issue Price – Rs 983 – Rs 985 Per Equity Share.
- Issue Type – Book Built Issue IPO.
- Minimum Lot – 15 shares.
- Retail Allocation – 10%
- Minimum Order Quantity – 15 Shares.
- Issue Size – Fresh Issue of [.] Equity Shares of Rs 5 aggregating up to Rs 130.00 Cr Offer for Sale of 3,767,254 Equity Shares of Rs 5 aggregating up to Rs [.] Cr.
- Face Value – Rs 5 Per Equity Share.
- Listing Exchange – BSE and NSE.
- Draft Prospectus – CLICK HERE.
Objectives of the Issue :
- Advertising and business promotion activities.
- Purchase of land for construction of office premises in Chennai.
- Repayment of overdraft facilities.
- General corporate purposes.
About The Company-
- The company operates in these matchmaking services, marriage services and related sale of products and other services.
- Matrimony.com had a large database of profiles comprising 2.65 million active profiles, which creates a network effect that attracts more users to register or subscribe and also results in higher customer engagement.
- Matrimony.com had 568,000, 571,000 and 647,000 paid subscriptions, respectively.
- The company has also launched marriage services such as MatrimonyDirectory.com for listing of matrimony-related directory services and MatrimonyPhotography.com to provide wedding photography and videography services.
- Matrimony.com has also introduced Tambulya.com, an online marketplace operated by its subsidiary.
- The top creditors of the company are Tata Comm, Google India, Mirror Media, Dell International, Value First Digital Media, Spectrum 7 Technologies etc.
Awards won by the company:
The company has won awards for the best social app, Dynamic Indian of the Millenium, the most popular website on 2016, NASSCOM’s “Excellence in Analytics” award, top 3 ads of the week, Laadli jury award, most visited matrimony related site of the entire world etc.
Promoter of the company :
Shri Murugavel Janakiraman is the Promoter of the Company.
Matrimony.com IPO Review: We are watching that all the recent issues coming are fully priced. On the performance and profit front, the company has not done well on FY 2014 to FY 2016, especially the profits got a hit on FY 2016. Still, we consider the vast opportunity in the internet sector and current internet usage may still be at the tip of the iceberg. Hence, our Matrimony.com IPO review stays with a NEUTRAL view on this public issue. Cash rich investors can invest for a medium to long term, but it will be wise to wait until the last day and check the institutional interest on this Matrimony.com IPO.
Ankita has done her Diploma Engineering in Computer Science & Technology. She is pursuing her degree in Engineering and also well experienced in the equity market and real estate related content writing. She is the one who has developed the technical indicators section of our site.
Categories: IPO Review