United Phosphorus Limited is one of the leading producers of crop protection products. Among the crop protection products, chemicals and other industrial chemicals are the special productions of the company. Incorporated in the year 1985, its headquarter is in India. From this article, you can get an updated United Phosphorus Share Price Graph & News.
United Phosphorus (UPL) Share Price Graph
About the Company
The company has spread its network all over the world, 130 plus countries on six continents. They also have 33 manufacturing units in 11 countries. They offer crop protection against most pest infestation sources. Within a few years, they have extended beyond agrochemicals and started to produce diversified products like seed treatment solutions, post-harvest solutions, and industrial chemicals. In FY 2017-18, the gross margin increased by 7%. Their product portfolio shows constant growth reports over the years. Besides this, the company has taken care of environmental awareness, health, and safety commitment. The company provides high-quality seeds, crop protection, and advanced technology to farmers. We have listed down some of the United Phosphorus products. These are as follows:
- Growth Regulators.
- Soil Conditioner.
UPL won many other achievements and awards. Among them, UPL won the first position in the Agrochemical Sector. This award is based on Dun & Bradstreet India’s Top 500 Companies in 2016 judgment.
United Phosphorus (UPL) Company Financials for Analyzing its Share Price
From the company’s profile, we can get the growth and progress report of the company. In spite of the sectoral downturn, UPL has gained a 7% growth in revenue. Besides this, 86% of revenue has been gained from branded products. Now, let’s move to the other fundamental details of the company. Based on consolidated data, the current P/E ratio stands at 15.64 and EPS is 39.84. It belongs to the mid-cap company as its market cap is 31,732.05 which is below 75,000. Div Yield is 1.12% in the last FY. Let’s see the current share price of the company. United Phosphorus Share Price (as of 27.06.18) is 623.15 in NSE.
The UPL share price was Rs 771.85 at the end of 16 November 2018 on the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 39277.96 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 10.19 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months’ data. The price-over-earning ratio or P/E stands at 75.75. The book value or BV per share is Rs 180.39. The price over book value or P/BV is 4.27. The Dividend yield is 1.04%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 828.50 and 52 weeks low is Rs 537.25.
The quarter ending September 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 4,257.00 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 787.00 crores. Other income stands at Rs 32 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 819.00 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 270.00 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 5.26.
UPL is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian Chemicals sector, more precisely in the Agrochemicals sub-sector. It has a current market cap of Rs 39277.96 crores.
UPL Ltd. earns its key revenue from the sale of Agrochemicals. Though there are other sources of earning as well. In the recently audited yearly financial report for the year ending 31 March 2018, UPL reported that it earned Rs 7107.00 crores equivalent to 97.66% of total sales from the sale of Agrochemicals. Revenue from export incentives contributed Rs 88.00 crores which is equivalent to 1.20% of total sales. Revenue from other operating income contributed Rs 57.00 crores which is equivalent to 0.78% of total sales. Income from job works contributed Rs 16.00 crores equivalent to 0.21% of total sales and the sale of services contributed Rs 9.00 crores which is equivalent to 0.12% of total sales.
For the quarter that ended 30 September 2018, the company reported consolidated sales of Rs 4257.00 crores which showed an increase of 2.98% from the sales of last quarter which were Rs 4134.00 crores and showed an increase of 12.92% from the same quarter sales of last year which was Rs 3770.00 crores. The company reported a net profit after tax of Rs 284.00 crores in the latest quarter.
The top management of the company includes Mr A C Ashar, Dr Reena Ramachandran, Mr Hardeep Singh, Mr K Banerjee, Mr J R Shroff, Mr Pradeep Goyal, Mr V R Shroff, Mr R D Shroff, Mr Vasant P Gandhi, Mrs S R Shroff, Mr Vinod Sethi. The company has appointed M/S SRBC & Co LLP as its auditors. As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 509,342,670 nos of shares outstanding.
The United Phosphorus Share Price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 132,199,517 nos of shares which is equivalent to 25.95% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold another 215,706,304 nos of shares amounting to 42.35% of total shares.
- Financial institutions also hold 4,107,278 nos of shares amounting to 0.81% of total shares.
- The general public holds another 35,594,612 nos of shares which is equivalent to 6.99% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together also hold 39,768,221 nos of shares or 7.81% of total shares.
- Others hold another 70,042,885 nos or shares or 13.75% of total shares.
- The foreign promoters also hold 9,902,992 nos of shares or 1.94% of total shares.
- Moreover, a total number of 1,771,741 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.35% of total shares are subscribed by the Central Government.
- In addition, 249,120 nos of shares are subscribed to GDR.
Shares Held by Different Mutual Fund Companies (Portfolio as on 31 October 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 3465680 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 233.71 crores.
- HDFC mutual fund in the scheme Hybrid Equity Direct-G Fund which is an aggressive hybrid fund holds another 3700000 nos of shares amounting to Rs 249.51 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund also holds 6555143 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 442.05 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Equity Arbitrage Direct-G which is a hybrid arbitrage fund holds another 3067200 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 206.84 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Dynamic Asset Allocation Fund Direct-Growth which is a dynamic asset allocation hybrid fund also holds 183600 nos of shares amounting to Rs 12.38 crores.
Final Thoughts about United Phosphorus (UPL) Share Price
In conclusion, tracking the United Phosphorus or UPL share price actively is crucial for investors who wish to make informed decisions when trading in this sector. With constant external factors affecting market trends and prices, staying updated on the United Phosphorus’ share performance can significantly impact your investment strategy. Regardless of whether you want to buy, sell or hold these shares, subscribing to a reliable financial news platform will keep you abreast with real-time updates on United Phosphorous share price changes. Ultimately, successful investing hinges not just on choosing stocks wisely but also on equally important consistent monitoring.