Hindalco Industries Limited is a large-cap company in the metal sector. It is a leader in Aluminium and Copper sector in India. Fluctuations in Hindalco Share Price influences the benchmark index because it belongs to the Nifty 50 group of companies.
Hindalco Share Price Graph
Incorporated in 1958, Hindalco is a metal flagship company of Aditya Birla Group. From 1962, it started production of Aluminium from newly commissioned Renukut unit.
The company is into the business of mining and extraction of bauxite to the production of finished metallic aluminium and other finished aluminium product. Today Hindalco ranks in top 5 world aluminium major and is a Fortune 500 company.
This advancement in business has been possible for Hindalco through key Mu0026amp;A (merger and acquisitions) steps taken by management. Mu0026amp;A with Indal, Birla Copper and Mt. Gordon Copper Mines of Australia strengthened its production capability for both aluminium and copper. Later Hindalco acquired Novelis in 2007, the then world leader in cold rolled Aluminum. Novellis was the global leader in aluminium rolling and can recycling enjoying a global market share of over 19% of the global aluminium processing market. These acquisitions have immensely benefitted Hindalco making it one of the global leaders in aluminium and copper having a strong foothold in more than 12 countries across the world.
There are a few group companies that come under the Hindalco umbrella. They are Novelis Inc., Aditya Birla Minerals Ltd. (the largest pure copper company listed in Australian Exchange. Hindalco owns 51% stake), Hindalco – Almex Aerospace Ltd. (a joint venture between Hindalco and Almex USA Inc., Hindalco owns 70% stake).
Hindalco produces the following range of products.
- Aluminium hydrates
- Aluminium ingots
- Aluminium billets
- Wire rods
- Copper rods (continuous cast)
- Copper Cathodes
- Copper Slag
- Sulphuric acids
- Phosphoric acid
Hindalco share price is Rs 200.80 (as on 20.06.17, 14.38 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 28.93 versus average industry PE of 11.73, EPS is Rs 6.94. Market cap is Rs 45,025 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 1.
Hindalco share price was Rs 231.25 at the end of 01 November 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The present market cap is Rs 51879.36 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 6.94 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 33.32. The average industry P/E is 12.84. The Book Value per share is Rs 222.01. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 1.04. The Dividend yield is 0.52%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 284.00 and 52 weeks low is Rs 192.35.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 10,593.21 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 0.00 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 1,325.28 crores. Other income is Rs 105.24 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 1430.75 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 413.53 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 1.85.
Hindalco Ltd. is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian non-ferrous metals sector. It is a large-cap company having a market cap of over Rs 45 thousand crores.
Hindalco Ltd. earns its revenue primarily from the sale of non-ferrous metals that include aluminium, copper and alloy products. The audited report of the fiscal 2017 – 2018 shows that the company earned its revenue from Rs 22363.52 crores from the sale of copper and copper products amounting to 51.48% of total sales value and sales from aluminium and its products contributed Rs 21071.41 crores or 48.51% of total sales value.
For the quarter ended 30 June 2018, the company reported a standalone sales of Rs 10593.21 crores which shows a decrease of -9.31% from last quarter sales of Rs 11681.00 crores and the same increased by 8.43% from the previous year same quarter sales of Rs 9770.04 crores. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 413.53 crores in the quarter ending 30 June 2018.
The company’s top management includes Mr Debnarayan Bhattacharya, Mr Askaran Agarwala, Mr Girish Dave, Mr Kumar Mangalam Birla, Mr Kailash Nath Bhandari, Mr Praveen Kumar Maheshwari, Mr Madhukar Manilal Bhagat, Mr Ram Charan, Mr Satish Pai, Mrs Rajashree Birla, Mr Yazdi Dandiwala, Ms Alka Marezban Bharucha.
The company has appointed M/S Price Waterhouse u0026amp; Co Chartered Accountants LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 2,245,349,407 nos of shares outstanding.
The Hindalco share price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 588,716,768 nos of shares which is equivalent to 26.22% of total shares.
- The foreign promoters hold 14,542,309 nos of shares or 0.65% of shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 283,721,265 nos of shares or 11.96% of total shares.
- Other financial institutions hold 197,899,370 nos of shares amounting to 8.81% of total shares.
- General public holds 125,425,019 nos of shares which is equivalent to 5.59% of total shares.
- Others hold 283,721,265 nos or shares or 12.64% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 2,703,434 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.12% of total shares are subscribed by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- ICICI Prudential Equity u0026amp; Debt Direct-Growth Fund holds 38965420 nos of shares amounting to Rs 894.84 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Fund Direct-Growth holds 229688422 nos of shares amounting to Rs 527.47 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme Bluechip Direct-G which is a large-cap fund holds 15634508 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 336.65 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Multi-Asset Direct-G which is a Multi-Asset Allocation fund holds 14659148 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 336.65 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Equity Opportunities Direct Plan-Growth which is a Large u0026amp; Midcap fund holds 3281502 nos of shares amounting to Rs 75.36 crores.
Besides, Hindalco share price, for more information on other companies kindly visit this page.