Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited is a leading housing finance company in India. HDFC share price fluctuation affects Nifty because it carries good weight among Nifty 50 stocks.
HDFC Share Price Graph
Incorporated in 1977, Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited or HDFC was formed to meet social needs for housing by giving long-term loan for house ownership. In the journey of four decades, the small housing finance company giving loans to Indian middle class has turned into a top brand in the housing finance sector in India. Reliable and impeccable service combined with customer centric approach backed up by the global standard of infrastructure has made the company no. 1 in its own business space.
HDFC, by the end of fiscal 2011, served more than 38 lakhs of customers and assisted them in house ownership, disbursing over Rs 3 trillion.
Today it has pan India presence. Its operations control a network of 351 offices providing service to 24oo cities and towns. It also has offices in Dubai, London, and Singapore to serve its global customers, NRIs (non-resident Indians) and PIOs (persons of Indian origin).
HDFC has always been adopting innovative approaches which helped it to be no.1 for many years. For customers’ benefit, it launched FLIP (flexible loan installment plan) and SURF (set up repayment facility) which helped HDFC to recover outstanding dues easily.
HDFC has been very efficient in the mobilization of deposits. It has mobilized deposits from more than 10 lakh depositors. This approach has been immensely helpful for the company to grew by leaps and bounds. Its deposit products have been receiving ‘AAA’ rating from CRISIL and ICRA for over sixteen consecutive years which is the highest rank of safety for deposits.
Its subsidiaries and associates are
- HDFC Bank
- HDFC Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- HDFC sales
- HDFC Asset Management Company ltd.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. (earlier HDFC General Insurance Company Ltd.)
- Other companies co-promoted by HDFC with others
HDFC share price is Rs 1633.45 (as on 20.06.17, EOD) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 34.9 versus average industry PE of 25.22, EPS is Rs 46.8. Market cap is Rs 2,59,764 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 2.
The closing share price of HDFC on 31 October 2018 is Rs 1769.25 in NSE. The earning per share or EPS as per the trailing 12 months data is Rs 75.49. The price over earning ratio or P/E is 23.44 (over the performance of the previous 12 months). The book value per share or BV is Rs Rs 544.12. The price over book value or P/BV is 3.24. The dividend yield is 1.13%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 2052.95 and the 52 weeks low price is Rs 1640.85.
The Housing Development Finance Corporation, popularly known as HDFC is a leading company in India operating in the housing sector in India. The present market cap is Rs 287,294.22 crores. It is a large-cap company and a leading company in the Indian benchmark index.
The Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. earns its revenue largely from interest and dividend among others. The audited financial report for the fiscal ending 31 March 2018, shows that HDFC has earned Rs 33122.63 crores from the accrued interest which amounts to 94.13% of total sales value. In addition, income from dividend is Rs 1079.28 crores which contributed 3.06% of total sales. Earning from the sale of shares & securities is Rs 803.15 crores which amount to 2.28% of total sales, income from fees and other charges are Rs 144.76 crores (0.41% of total sales value) and earning from lease rentals contributed 35.35 crores equivalent to 0.10% of total sales.
For the quarter ended 31 March 2018, HDFC reported a consolidated sales of Rs 19837.09 crores, up by 25.11 % from the last quarter sales of Rs 15855.29 crores and up by 15.28% from the previous year same quarter sales of Rs 17207.86 crores. The company has reported a net profit after tax of Rs 3370.11 crores in the latest quarter.
The company’s top management includes Dr J J Irani, Dr Bhaskar Ghosh, Mr Deepak S Parekh, Mr Keki M Mistry, Mr Jalaj Ashwin Dani, Mr Upendra Kumar Sinha, Mr Nasser Munjee, Mr Upendra Kumar Sinha, Mr V Srinivasa Rangan, Mr Upendra Kumar Sinha.
The company has appointed M/S B S R & Co. LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 1,696,588,252 nos of shares outstanding.
The hdfc share price shareholding pattern of HDFC currently has different shareholders in the manner as mentioned below.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 1,224,707,958 nos of shares amounting to 72.19% of total shares.
- The NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 126,578,392 nos of shares or 7.46% of total shares.
- Financial institutions hold 152,583,268 nos of shares amounting to 8.99% of total shares.
- General public holds 141,281,032 nos of shares which is equivalent to 8.33% of total shares.
- Others hold 48,291,439 nos or shares or 2.85% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 3,146,163 nos shares which are equivalent to 0.19% of total shares are subscribed by the Central Government.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 14867511 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 2608.50 crores.
- Motilal Oswal mutual fund in the scheme Multicap 35 Fund Direct-Growth which is a multi-cap fund holds a total of 6096058 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1069.55 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Sensex which is a large-cap fund holds 5921524 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 1039.52 crores.
- ICICI Prudential mutual fund in the scheme Balanced Advantage Direct-Growth which is a Hybrid Dynamic Asset Allocation fund holds 5436641 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 953.86 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Focus Direct Plan-Growth which is a multi-cap fund holds 540560 nos of shares amounting to Rs 94.84 crores.
Apart from the hdfc share price, for more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page at our site.