Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited is a drug manufacturing major in Indian Drug market. It is a large-cap company. However, Dr Reddy’s share price movement affect the benchmark index because it belongs to the Nifty 50 group of companies.
Dr Reddy’s Share Price Graph
Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited was incorporated in 1984 starting its operation in the API (Active pharmaceutical ingredient) segment with a single drug and made the first shipment of 60 tonnes to Germany (then West Germany) in 1986.
Currently, it is one of the the top global players in the API segment. It runs its business in more than 100 countries across the world. Today it has subsidiaries in the UK, US, Russia, Germany and Brazil. Also, it has joint ventures running in China, South Africa and Australia. In addition, Dr Reddy’s has representative offices in 10 countries and third-party distributors appointed in 21 more countries. Outside Japan, it is the first company in Asia in NYSE (New York Stock Exchange).
The company is the largest company operating in CPS (custom pharmaceutical service) segment in India. There are many drugs manufactured by Dr Reddy’s which are almost household names in India like Omez, Stamlo, Nise Ciprolet among many others. In 2009 Dr Reddy’s made a strategic alliance with GSK (Glaxo SmithKline) to develop and market GSK’s selective drugs outside India in the emerging markets of the world.
Dr Reddy’s has the following facilities for manufacture and development of drugs. They are
- 3 technological development centres in which two are in Hyderabad and one in the UK
- 1 USFDA approved plant in the UK
- 1 USFDA approved plant in Mexico
- 6 USFDA approved plants in India
- 1 Cytotoxin manufacturing unit
The company has received many awards for excellence in drug manufacturing field.
Dr reddy’s share price is Rs 2654 (as on 19.06.17, 11.53 hrs.) in BSE. As per the latest data, the standalone basis P/E is 32.07 versus average industry PE of 28.41, EPS is Rs 83.49. Market cap is Rs 44,383 crores. The face value of a share is Rs 5.
The share price of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited was Rs 2405.40 at the end of 26 October 2018 in the National Stock Exchange. The current market cap is Rs 39915.76 crores. The earning per share or EPS is Rs 69.18 as per the average share price of the trailing 12 months data. The price over earning ratio or P/E stands at 36.63. The Book Value per share is Rs 757.73. The price over book value ratio or P/BV 3.34. The Dividend yield is 0.79%. The 52 weeks high price is Rs 2670.80 and 52 weeks low is Rs 1887.00.
The quarter ending June 2018 reported a sales figure of Rs 3686.60 crores. Other operating income stands at Rs 130.90 crores. The operating profit stands at Rs 759.30 crores. Other income stands at Rs 128.20 crores. The EBITDA is Rs 887.50 crores. The net profit stands at Rs 518.30 crores. The earning per share or EPS of this quarter stands at Rs 31.18.
Dr reddy’s share price Limited is a Large Cap company operating in the Indian pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector.
The company earns its lions share of revenue from manufacture and sales of medicines in the form of tablets, capsules, injection ampules etc. The annual audited report ending at 31 March 2018 reported that Cipla Ltd. earning from sales of pharmaceutical products was Rs 9586.80 crores which amounted to 98.63% of total sales value. Other operating income contributed Rs 50.40 crores equivalent to 0.51% of total sales value. Besides the above-mentioned sales figure, financial stats of the previous fiscal show that revenue earned from license fees was Rs 41.30 crores (0.42% of total sales), revenue earned from sales of scraps stood at Rs 20.70 crores (0.21% of total sales), earnings from sales of spent chemicals were Rs 21.60 crores (0.21% of total sales value).
The audited report ending on 30 September 2018 reported a consolidated sales of Rs 3686.60 crores which is up by 0.98% from the sales of last quarter ending on 31 March 2018 which was Rs 3650.70 crores and the total sales in this quarter has increased by 3.97% from the sales same quarter of the previous year which was Rs 3546.00 crores. The company reported a net profit after tax of Rs 507.40crores in the last quarter ended on 30 June 2018.
The company’s top management includes Dr Bruce L A Carter, Dr Ashok S Ganguly, Dr.Omkar Goswami, Mr Bharat N Doshi, Mr Anupam Puri, Mr K Satish Reddy, Mr G V Prasad, Mr Sridar Iyengar, Ms Kalpana Morparia, Mr Leo Puri.
Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Limited has appointed M/S S R Batliboi u0026amp; Associates LLP as its auditors.
As on 30 September 2018, the company has a total of 166,045,857 shares outstanding.
The dr reddy’s share price shareholding pattern of the company currently has different shareholders in the manner as stated below.
- The promoters and promoter group of the company hold 44,458,828 nos of shares which is equivalent to 26.67% of total shares.
- The foreign institutions or FIIs hold 206,082,337 nos of shares amounting to 25.59% of total shares.
- Others hold 33,297,088 nos or shares or 20.05% of total shares.
- The non-banking financial institutions or NBFCs and mutual funds together hold 20,121,828 nos of shares or 12.12% of total shares.
- General public holds 14,136,876 nos of shares which is equivalent to 8.51% of total shares.
- In addition, a total number of 9,502,477 nos shares which are equivalent to 5.72% of total shares are being held by other financial institutions.
Shares held by different mutual fund companies (portfolio as on 30 September 2018)
- Aditya Birla mutual fund in the scheme SL Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap fund holds 1600000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 404.90 crores.
- Aditya Birla mutual fund in the scheme SL Frontline Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap fund holds 1257161 nos of shares amounting to Rs 318.14 crores.
- Franklin Templeton mutual fund in the scheme Equity Direct-G which is a multi-cap fund holds 1300000 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 328.98 crores.
- SBI mutual fund in the scheme ETF Nifty 50-D which is a large-cap fund holds 1108394 nos of shares equivalent to Rs 280.50 crores.
- DSP mutual fund in the scheme Midcap Direct Plan-Growth which is a mid-cap fund holds 307425 nos of shares amounting to Rs 77.80 crores.
Apart from the dr reddy’s share price, you can also visit, information on other companies.