The Tata Motors Limited is a large cap company belonging to Nifty 50 group. It’s one of the largest passanger as well as commercial vehicle manufacturer of India. For this reason, Tata Motors share price influences the benchmark index.
Live Stock Quote: TATAMOTORS 449.00 -8.30 -1.81%
Tata Motors Share Price Graph
Tata Motors is an iconic name in Indian automobile industry, especially in the commercial vehicle sector as goods as well as commercial passenger carrier. Tata Motors is the flagship company of the Tata Group of companies. It was established in 1945 in the name of Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company Limited. Later it took the present name. It is the largest company in the automobile sector in India. Globally, Tata Motors is the fourth largest company in truck manufacturing division and second largest in bus manufacturing division, in terms of manufacture unit volume. Tata Motors is the first company from automobile sector to be listed in NYSE in 2004.
Tata Motors has also issued DVRs listed in NSE on 2008 which are traded regularly in NSE.
Ever since the roll out of the first truck from Tata in 1954, it never looked back. Today it manufactures vehicles from the following plants.
- Rangangaon (Joint Venture With Fiat)
Tata Motors product portfolio in automobile sector comprises of the following divisions.
- Passenger Vehicles
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial passenger vehicles
- Defense vehicles
- Construction and engineering equipment
Tata Motors has a number of subsidiaries. They are as follows.
- Telco Construction Equipment Co. Ltd. (Telcon)
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Tata Technologies Ltd. (TTL) and its subsidiaries
- .HV Transmissions Ltd. (HVTL)
- HV Axles Ltd. (HVAL)
- Sheba Properties Ltd. (Sheba)
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd. (TAL)
- Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Ltd (TDWCV)
- Concorde Motors (India) Ltd. (Concorde)
- .Tata Motors European Technical Centre plc.
- Tata Motors Finance Limited
- Hispano Carrocera S. A. (HC)
- Tata Motors Insurance Broking & Advisory Services Ltd (TMIBASL)
- Tata Motors (SA) Proprietary Ltd (TMSA)
- TML Distribution Company Ltd (TDCL)
- Tata Motors Thailand.
- Tata Marcopolo Motors Ltd (TMML)
Tata Motors is a large cap company in India and has been awarded many times for award of excellence in the automobile sector.
For more information on other companies, kindly visit the stock technicals page.